• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Discovery/Warner Media Channels post merger?

Would the new owners be happy with AEW Dynamite on TBS and AEW Rampage 's up and down ratings? In the case of Rampage less than 500,000 viewers watch this show at 10pm ET.

Would the new owners be happy with AEW Dynamite on TBS and AEW Rampage 's up and down ratings? In the case of Rampage less than 500,000 viewers watch this show at 10pm ET.
that is if the same leadership at TNT/TBS stay post merger, if they install another Jamie Kellner in the role, that would mean Wrestling goes bye bye from the Turner Networks, hope Discovery gives a extra hour of TV to AEW on OWN devoted to the struggling AEW women's division so that they can build a female audience and build the division at the same time.

Is Discovery running The Warner side good for both companies. Warner has the bigger brand and the better content.

I'm curious what's going to be going on with Discovery's presence in Knoxville, TN, which they acquired when they bought out Scripps Networks. They seemed, though, to eliminate creative positions and move in a few hundred accountants.

Merge with CNN and rebrand as CBS/N with some shows being "CNN Presents".

Dang that sounds like a then proposed idea from the 1980's when there was talks that Ted Turner the then owner of CNN was going to take over WCBS-TV and KCBS-TV which failed.

Also Group W the former owners of KPIX-TV was going to take over KHJ-TV9 (Note, KCBS-TV, WCBS-TV KPIX-TV and KHJ-TV/KCAL9) are now owned by Paramount inc as of 2022.

I wonder what will happen with cable bundles? Philo tv doesn't carry warner networks, and some don't carry either warner or discovery.

On top of that, I wonder what changes they'll make to TBS/tnt/adult swim. TBS in particular has had an identity crisis these past few years.

I wonder what will happen with cable bundles? Philo TV doesn't carry warner networks, and some don't carry either warner or discovery.

On top of that, I wonder what changes they'll make to TBS/tnt/adult swim. TBS in particular has had an identity crisis these past few years.
I doubt they change the Turner Networks. The Discovery side has more overlap that needs trimming.

I've wondered if it's possible that some animated and other kid's shows from Discovery Family could end up being moved to Cartoon Network or Boomerang.

There is news that someone new at TBS wants to cut down on the blood and violence on that channel (see AEW Dynamite)

There is news that someone new at TBS wants to cut down on the blood and violence on that channel (see AEW Dynamite)
where's your source, cause all i heard is Dave Meltzer speculating on the merger's closing's impact on AEW and i don't know if it was him saying it or there's actual proof from other sources like Sean Ross Sapp from Fightful, or Brandon Thruston from Wrestlenomics or any other source besides him

What do you think will happen to the Discovery/Warner Media channels post merger? What channels will rebrand close? Could they sell off channels like they did with GAC?
TNT, TBS, TCM, CNN, CN and TruTV should stay as they are?
HLN- not sure as they already have true crime covered with ID
Cinemax channels- all close
HBO channels- reduction
Boomerang- not sure?
Discovery, Food Network, HGTV, Magnolia, OWN, Science, ID, Motor Trend, TLC, Animal Planet, Travel Channel stay as they are?
Discovery Life, Destination America, Cooking Channel, AHC and Discovery Family all close?
Could we get a rebrand of one of these to a 24/7 Adult Swim channel like in Canada?
HBO & CINEMAX - Merge as one

HLN - Closes (Replaced with a Trial network to compete with Court TV & [l]Law & Crime Network[/I]??

Everything else remains the same

Last edited:
HBO & CINEMAX - Merge as one

HLN - Closes (Replaced with a Trial network to compete with Court TV & [l]Law & Crime Network[/I]??

Everything else remains the same
Court TV was originally owned by Time Warner, and they abandoned it for TruTV. I would be surprised if they went back to that programming.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom