• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Did WNPR shut off it’s analog signal?

At 12 pm, WNPR was still broadcasting on the radio in my room

6 hours later

Dead air.

Did they shut down their analog radio signal?

At 12 pm, WNPR was still broadcasting on the radio in my room

6 hours later

Dead air.

Did they shut down their analog radio signal?

Must be a technical issue since its still streaming online.

Yes. The signal is off. I am not receiving them on my SDR, or any other radio of mine.

There was a utility outage at West Peak around 4pm this afternoon. WP is were a half dozen FM stations are located including WNPR. Most of the stations transitioned to generator with only a few seconds of down time which is what they are supposed to do. WZMX was off for about 15 minutes and WNPR for much longer, most likely due to a generator or electricity outage related problem.

There was a utility outage at West Peak around 4pm this afternoon. WP is were a half dozen FM stations are located including WNPR. Most of the stations transitioned to generator with only a few seconds of down time which is what they are supposed to do. WZMX was off for about 15 minutes and WNPR for much longer, most likely due to a generator or electricity outage related problem.
Auto loggers in the area are showing every WP station as on, except WNPR.

WKSS just turned off in the middle of playing Lavender Haze by Taylor Swift, and has been dead ever since. Did anything happen on the mountain again?

Edit: WMRQ also appears to have turned off at the same time.

Last edited:
WKSS just turned off in the middle of playing Lavender Haze by Taylor Swift, and has been dead ever since. Did anything happen on the mountain again?

Edit: WMRQ also appears to have turned off at the same time.
My Mom told me Sunday night when she went to listen to Kool Radio it was off the air. This must have been why. The antenna for 96.1 is on WMRQ's tower. Bomba on 98.5 must've also been down as their antenna is also on the WMRQ tower. I was unable to check for myself as I was sick in bed most of Sunday.

My Mom told me Sunday night when she went to listen to Kool Radio it was off the air. This must have been why. The antenna for 96.1 is on WMRQ's tower. Bomba on 98.5 must've also been down as their antenna is also on the WMRQ tower. I was unable to check for myself as I was sick in bed most of Sunday.
WATR 1320 was unaffected

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom