• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Did Fox try to bribe the Browns into silence?

A

Anyacat

According to the AP, Denise Brown claims that News Corp offered the Browns and the Goldmans part of the OJ Simpson book profits if they would not complain. Apparently, money was offered--but not hush money, claims News Corp, which was just being generous with its projected proceeds. This story has so many twists and turns...

Given the slease that News Corp is, it is most likey hush money.

That thought crossed my mind also, but since Cleveland is an AFC team, it would have more likely been CBS trying to bribe the Browns.

Now, if someone claimed that Fox tried to bribe the Cardinals into silence, well, now you have a story. 8)

On a more serious note, News Corp. might claim that they were trying to share the profits, but had the Browns accepted, they would lose any moral authority to protest. So it would still be hush money.

Now that the programme and book have been cancelled, it is the Black who is silent and not the Browns.

ixnay said:
When I saw the thread title, I thought it pertained to Cleveland's NFL team.

ixnay

Which shows how much I've detached myself, of my own volition, from things O.J. (except his football career [and memories of his Hertz commercials]).

ixnay

dhett said:
That thought crossed my mind also, but since Cleveland is an AFC team, it would have more likely been CBS trying to bribe the Browns.

Now, if someone claimed that Fox tried to bribe the Cardinals into silence, well, now you have a story. 8)
The Cleveland Browns are doing a good enough job on their own in the "silencing themselves" department. ;) :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom