• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Did Any Dayton Station Show Fatal Air Show Crash Live??

Since there is no specific TV board for Ohio (and no specific radio or TV board for Dayton), I'm posting this thread here.

This past Saturday (June 22nd), wing-walker Jane Wicker and pilot Charles Schwenkern were killed when the biplane she was walking the wing of and he was piloting slammed into the ground, killing them both.

Since I'm not in the area, I'm wondering if any Dayton TV station carried live coverage of the air show and thus, the fatal crash. I have seen on You Tube professionally-shot footage, but since there was no anchor or reporter commentary (only the public-address announcer), I don't know if the footage was from a local station's live TV coverage or not.

Given that the air show is nationally known (and perhaps the premiere air show in the United States), I suspect that one or more Dayton TV stations carry live coverage of the air show each year and ended up broadcasting the crash live.

Anyone in the area who can answer this question is welcomed to do so. Thank you in advance.

WHIO used to do a highlight show, and might still, but I don't live in the market (I only visit frequently).

The Cincinnati boards also include Dayton stations. There was discussion for awhile about Dayton getting its own board, but it never panned out. I don't think WHIO-TV 7 broadcast the air show live this year. The crash was shown on NewsCenter 7 several times though as the crash was replayed many times & posted on their website, whiotv.com. Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom