• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dave Bryan to Retire from CBS2/KCAL9 News

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/06/01/political-reporter-dave-bryan-retired/

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — After 40 years, including 25 with CBS2/KCAL9, Political Reporter Dave Bryan retired from television Friday.

“It’s something I never thought would happen. When you just work every day, you’re never thinking this day would come,” Bryan told his CBSLA colleagues.

In 1970, a 21-year-old Dave Bryan started his career in broadcast journalism on Washington D.C.’s Top 40 radio station, reading the news headlines at the top of the hour.

Bryan was at the radio station for a mere two months before getting fired from the on-air position.

“I got fired off the air. I was so nervous, I couldn’t speak while breathing…,” Bryan told CBSLA’s Pat Harvey.

Bryan rebounded quickly and became a radio reporter working in the streets of Baltimore.

After five years, Bryan started at Baltimore’s top television station, WJZ, around the same time a 22-year-old Oprah Winfrey did.

Bryan became the station’s investigative reporter for the next six years, uncovering scammers and asking the tough questions.

In 1982, Bryan received an offer from CBS San Fransisco’s KPIX, where he worked for 8 years covering everything from serial killers and immigration raids to heatwaves.

Bryan was there for the coverage of the deadly 1989 Bay Area earthquake.

Prior to KCAL9 and KCBS2 News Dave Bryan was at WJZ and KPIX 5 News.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom