• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

College-radio hockey play-by-play broadcasters share stories

In a two-part series on Rochester Institute of Technology’s news podcast “Studio 86,” the longtime “voices” of RIT Tigers men’s hockey on WITR-FM (89.7) — Ed Trefzger, Chris Lerch and Scott Biggar — recently visited with me and shared stories in a far-ranging discussion touching on RIT hockey’s place on the “national stage” and its Henrietta, N.Y., campus; the increased involvement of students this year on WITR hockey broadcasts; their favorite arenas from which to broadcast and more.

Plus, they relive last season’s magical, “underdog” run to the Frozen Four. (Part 2 includes audio not heard since the March 27, 2010, live broadcast — University of New Hampshire vs. RIT, NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey Division I Quarterfinals, Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y.)

Studio 86: Tigers Hockey – Calling the Action (Part 1)
Studio 86: Tigers Hockey – Calling the Action (Part 2)

Or, for all RIT News podcasts, go here.

I hope that college radio and sports fans alike will enjoy these podcasts!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom