• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas music on CHR's in 2015.....

Just curious if the trend of virtually NO CHR playing ANY Christmas music will continue this year. I've read that some CHR stations in 2014 were actually hurt by not mixing in at least a few Christmas songs. Just wondering if some stations are considering it in 2015.

Just curious if the trend of virtually NO CHR playing ANY Christmas music will continue this year. I've read that some CHR stations in 2014 were actually hurt by not mixing in at least a few Christmas songs. Just wondering if some stations are considering it in 2015.

Since AC stations do the all-Christmas format, I really don't Christmas music on CHR should be limited to 24 hours, from noon on Christmas Eve to noon on Christmas Day. With many AC stations going all Christmas well before Thanksgiving, I think in many markets there can be Christmas Music fatigue, especially later in the season.

CHR stations shouldn't abandon Christmas music, but they also shouldn't start playing it before Thanksgiving Day. If I were a programmer, I would start slowly by playing a song here and there. The closer to Christmas, the more music I'd play. Two songs per hour the week of Christmas is what I'd do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom