• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas Music in the Hudson Valley and Albany 2022

As of now, WRNQ’s “Q92” is the first station in the Hudson Valley to go all-Christmas as of Friday, but I’m not sure what day it was, due to Chicago where WLIT’s “Lite-FM” at 93.9 is the first station to go all-Christmas back on Tuesday, the day after Christmas, and WNUU’s now former CHR “Nu 92.7” in York, PA went all-Christmas as “Santa 92.7” on that same day. And up in Albany, WTRY at 98.3 went all-Christmas as of this past week

The other stations like WKXP’s “Lite-FM” at 94.3, WLTW’s “Lite-FM”, WHUD, WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5”, and WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” has not gone all-Christmas yet.

We’ll keep you posted as soon as it happens.

As of now, WRNQ’s “Q92” is the first station in the Hudson Valley to go all-Christmas as of Friday, but I’m not sure what day it was, due to Chicago where WLIT’s “Lite-FM” at 93.9 is the first station to go all-Christmas back on Tuesday, the day after Christmas, and WNUU’s now former CHR “Nu 92.7” in York, PA went all-Christmas as “Santa 92.7” on that same day. And up in Albany, WTRY at 98.3 went all-Christmas as of this past week.
Could you untangle this for me? WRNQ flipped on Friday, but you're not sure of the day? Ummm, it was Friday! And how do stations in Chicago and York tie into a flip in the Hudson Valley? And if Tuesday was the day after Christmas ... darn, I have a lot of late gifts to send out and apologies to make.

Could you untangle this for me? WRNQ flipped on Friday, but you're not sure of the day? Ummm, it was Friday! And how do stations in Chicago and York tie into a flip in the Hudson Valley? And if Tuesday was the day after Christmas ... darn, I have a lot of late gifts to send out and apologies to make.

And then, WKXP’s “Lite-FM” at 94.3 went all-Christmas this past weekend following WLTW’s “Lite-FM” at 106.7 in New York City did went all-Christmas just two weeks after Chicago went all-Christmas in the first place. WKXP’s “Lite-FM” is now competing with WRNQ’s “Q21” in an all-Christmas battle.

I have a schedule to where the station goes all-Christmas. Here is a rundown:

12/16: WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” goes all-Christmas through 12/25

12/24: WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” goes all-Christmas from 12PM through 12AM Christmas Day 12/25. And then, WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5” goes all-Christmas with a nationally syndicated “Jim Brickman Show”. WBPM would be going all-Christmas along with a special “Celebration of the Season” with Randy Turner where he plays Christmas novelty songs and it will be one of three special airings soon starting December 23rd.

More on that later.

Just to give you an update, WEBE’s “Webe 108” finally went all-Christmas as of this post which was 12:25PM this afternoon which was 20 minutes ago. If you missed it, here it is.

As of yesterday, WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” went all-Christmas as “The Magic of Christmas”. On Saturday, WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” goes all-Christmas for two days, Christmas Eve at 12PM and ends on Christmas night at 12AM this Sunday. And that’s all I got for the entire Christmas music schedule.

I forgot one more to add, WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5” finally went all-Christmas at midnight where it carries the satellite syndicated “Jim Brickman Christmas Show” which it runs through Christmas Day. I hope if it does very well, maybe Jim Brickman would be a great fit for WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5” to do evenings. “The Jim Brickman Show” has been carried on so many radio stations across the country, and I hope Jim Brickman would be a perfect fit for the station for evenings. We shall wait and see.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom