• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CHR in Greenville Spartenburg SC

I was in Greenville a few weeks ago and was scanning around the dial, trying to find a CHR station. IMHO, GSP has no such animal!

I found hot 98.1, calling itself "Carolina's #1 Hit Music Station" but it was really more urban.

Then I discovered B93.7. But based on the music and jocks, it really more sounded like a hot AC. It really didn't have the energy that a typical CHR would have. Supa Dave, the midday guy, barely said anything in the hour or so I was tuned in. Hawk & Tom, although I'm sure does well for the station, didn't seem to "fit" on a CHR.

Where's the Z100 (NY) KIIS (LA) Y100 (Miami) type station in Greenville/Spartenburg? Yawn! Does CHR, real mainstream CHR, not work in the market?

I'm sorry, but in general Entercom bores me. Not so much on CHR but on other formats they use too many cod segs and what's with only allowing the jocks to speak once per music set? About the only CHR of theirs that interests me is WXSS/Milwaukee, WI. WKSE isn't bad either.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom