• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Channel 3 off the air

No signal from the antenna, and a "technical difficulties" screen on DirecTV. Anybody know what's up?

Channel 15 is also off the air, but is working fine on DirecTV.

Channel 15 is also off the air, but is working fine on DirecTV.

Upon further review on another TV, they weren't off the air, just very very weak. Channel 15 is normally my best channel, but their OTA signal has been unwatchable for a couple of weeks.

That was my first instinct: repack-related, but all of the stations being repacked are still on the air.

Up here in Northern Arizona, Channel 3's translators are operating but
there is no audio or video. Channel 15's translators are working normally.

I've been keeping track of Channel 3's signal beginning several weeks ago and found something but don't know what to make of it except perhaps the change of seasons.

I normally watch "Last Man Standing" reruns at noon every weekday (OTA) and noticed that the signal would start decaying just before the program began. As the weeks went by it started a little later each day so now it occurs around 12:20 pm or so. I can think of no other reason than some interference with the sun but it seems to happen on cloudy days as well (although not much evidence there as we don't have that many cloudy days).

Between 11 pm and 11:10 pm, channel 3 went off the air again. Either they've experienced another failure or they took the station offline to do the needed repairs. I'm guessing the latter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom