• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Change is coming

None of Us realized that Roger is a Physic ... Predicting both The WDMT Flip and Kidd Kraddick's Death.

But He Kept The Details Secret.

from Joe Thomas on facebook:

"Starting on Monday, I'll be on a new radio station here at Entercom. It is named The Sports Hub 102.3, NBC Sports Radio.
I'm also in charge of the station, and for the last couple of weeks, I've been busy getting everything in order for the Monday start up.
I'm very excited for this opportunity, and I have a new spring in my step with the anticipation and challenge.

I'm also excited about having my own sports show again, called The Game Plan with Joe Thomas, to be heard M-F from noon-3.
An old friend will be joining me Monday. I loved the fun we had in the morning on WILK and Froggy 101 and I hope to translate
that fun on the new station. Please like @Sportshub102 on Facebook, and keep following me here.
Thank you for listening and for your support."

Zenith Transoceanic said:
cowboy72 said:
it didnt work with joe and rob on wilk. and that was only on saturdays...why would it work now???

I'm thinking because I would rather listen to Joe Thomas than Rush Limbaugh any day!
i do agree with your rush statement, but i still ask if rob and joe couldnt pull it off on wilk with all the wilk affiliates for one day a week, on a weekend, whats joe going to do for 3 hours a day, five days a week on the sports hub? plus how many other stations are doing all sports? he will be getting the same callers every day. sports shows never worked in this area.. remember jim miller, sid micheals on warm, along with ron allan. same callers..boring....

With 102.3 going sports, how many sports stations will be heard in NE Pa?..including translators? WFAN and WIP can be heard quite well. 92.3 from Danville-Riverside also is audible. and that is just the out of market stations.

I know Sports stations target men 18-49,but how small can the pie be sliced?

benale said:
With 102.3 going sports, how many sports stations will be heard in NE Pa?..including translators? WFAN and WIP can be heard quite well. 92.3 from Danville-Riverside also is audible. and that is just the out of market stations.

I know Sports stations target men 18-49,but how small can the pie be sliced?

i didnt even think of the fan, or wip.. i dont want to keep beating a dead horse, but i just cant see it working in this area. first, a few new callers will call in because its new, but then it will wear off, and youll get the same family of callers, and then the host will start setting up interviews, which are boring, and then the host will read sports stories off the internet...i hope it works for joe. we will have to wait and see...

There has to be doubt that Scranton/Wilkes-Barre is fortified enough with its regional sports teams to offer some home cooking. Is there that much in the way of programmable product?

New York has (at last count) 9 major-sport teams, with signals from two of the stations reaching Allentown and S/WB.

Philly is home to all four major pro sports, and two stations that make it in pretty well to S/WB, or at least to the fringes. Toss in WEEX for the Allentown audience.

It seems to me that there are just not enough sports of interest to go around, and that the change of an FM music format to a sports format is either/or
a) a turnstyle aside from mornings for syndicated fare and certain clearances for the rest of the day
b) a move of another form of talk format to FM for those eagerly-awaiting younger demos we keep hearing exist there.

102.3 appears to own a beautifully situated tower location.
But after the morning show, for what ?

Agreed, Benale : How small can a pie be sliced? And how big a pie was it in the first place ?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom