• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes at BOS

MisterBilge

Inactive
Inactive User
According to the Boston Globe and AllAccess, Dana Marshall has left the house. Guess it dosn't pay to have a good book! Other cuts were made in Sales and Promotions.

NHRadio said:
At least Greater Media still has live overnights. Mike Burns on MJX does a helluva job.

WBOS is Greater Media. No live overnights (or other shifts) on there. Greater Media (Boston) has live overnights on two stations, WMJX and WROR (weeknights only). WKLB and WTKK are satellite overnights, WBOS is automated.

I know BOS is a GM station. Nowadays even 2 live overnighters in a 5 station cluster is increasingly rare.
Just glad they didn't hack those positions and there's someone in the building at least Mon-Fri.

Eli Polonsky said:
NHRadio said:
At least Greater Media still has live overnights. Mike Burns on MJX does a helluva job.

WBOS is Greater Media. No live overnights (or other shifts) on there. Greater Media (Boston) has live overnights on two stations, WMJX and WROR (weeknights only). WKLB and WTKK are satellite overnights, WBOS is automated.

Not anymore. I just posted that Greater Media laid off Julie D and Albert O (according to R&R) although Albert is still showing on WROR's website.

NHRadio said:
I know BOS is a GM station. Nowadays even 2 live overnighters in a 5 station cluster is increasingly rare.
Just glad they didn't hack those positions and there's someone in the building at least Mon-Fri.

I believe the situation is as stands:

WTKK - Curtis Sliwa and Phil Hendrie overnight, board-op in-studio
WBOS - fully automated overnight (and every other daypart)
WKLB - After MidNite with Blair Garner overnight, board-op in-studio
WMJX - Michael Burns in-studio

Unless WROR's automation has been upgraded in the last few months, I believe they're required to have someone in there 24/7. Though with the station's new situation of jockless outside of mornings, I wouldn't be surprised to see that change very soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom