• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings July 2022

...and K0000nah continues to be an albatross around WKRO's neck, preventing them from becoming the radio powerhouse they secretly are...

On many levels. I see Big as a variety of content that they had on several former Audacy/Entercom stations. Additionally it must cost much less to operate. Those are two just off the top of my head.
But they ain't no Mike-FM though.

What Big played recently according to their site
Dave Matthews
Led Zeppelin
Aerosmith & Run DMC
Survivor
Queen
The Outfield
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Michael Jackson (PYT)
Green Day
Whitesnake
Skynyrd
Mr Mister
REM
Tone Loc
Human League
Bon Jovi
Toto

they may be playing WROR type songs, but with zero promotion I would not even know they exist, and even now that I know it I am not going to give them a preset..... the only 2 FM's in my tuner presets are WZLX and WROR.

They do have the benefit of cume! Long are the days of WHTT and WODS, not to mention WMRQ "Q103" , and Oldies 103!

But they ain't no Mike-FM though.
Just my preference, but I like the greater rock lean on Big, than what Mike had. However, I do realize the difference in the station offerings from Entercom/Audacy when both stations were operating. I see Mike as having been a traditional "Jack" station, where Big has that feel combined with covering some of the music that was on WAAF (Rock hits that were played and have some crossover) and WKAF (as New 97.7). A few weeks ago, Big played Master of Puppets. I know that's strictly due to the popularity of Stranger Things, but still wouldn't have guessed to hear Metallica on a station like Big.

Just my preference, but I like the greater rock lean on Big, than what Mike had. However, I do realize the difference in the station offerings from Entercom/Audacy when both stations were operating. I see Mike as having been a traditional "Jack" station, where Big has that feel combined with covering some of the music that was on WAAF (Rock hits that were played and have some crossover) and WKAF (as New 97.7). A few weeks ago, Big played Master of Puppets. I know that's strictly due to the popularity of Stranger Things, but still wouldn't have guessed to hear Metallica on a station like Big.
Yes, that is my feeling also.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom