• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boomer lands...

Pizzle

Inactive
Inactive User
From All Access...

CLEAR CHANNEL RVPP BILL CAHILL has announced that Top 40 WRVQ (Q94)/RICHMOND has selected former sister Top 40 KSLZ (Z107.7)/ST. LOUIS PD BOOMER as its new PD.

BOOMER begins FEBRUARY 1st and replaces WAYNE COY, who recently left radio to join CONSOLIDATED MEDIA (NET NEWS 11/3/05). As of 2/1, BOOMER will take over for Acting PD/APD/morning man DARRIN STONE, who will continue his APD/wakeup duties.

CAHILL told ALL ACCESS, "We looked at a lot of great candidates and BOOMER just stood out, not only for his size, but for his large sense of creativity and passion for great radio. We're excited about having him join Q94."

ALL ACCESS heard from BOOMER, who said, "It truly is a thrill for me to join the CLEAR CHANNEL/RICHMOND team and take the lead at one of America's great heritage Top 40s, WRVQ. As any real radio pro knows, this station has been doing top-notch Top 40 radio for decades and has aged very well. I look forward to continuing & expanding the station?s success, working closely with SVP/Programming MARC CHASE, RVP/Market Manager RUTH STOUTERMIRE, RVPP BILL CAHILL and the talented Q94 staff already in place to make great radio in RICHMOND in 2006 and beyond!"

Re: Boomer lands...Q94 Richmond

Since Z 1077 St Louis is so RHY leaning (according to their playlist)...and Q 94 Richmond is not (I would say more adult leaning- especially on Flashback Friday), do you think that Q 94 will start leaning more RHY and try to put up numbers against Richmond's 2 urban station....Power 92.1 JAMZ, and 1065 the BEAT which are both in the TOP 5 (Q94 floats at bottom of Top 10)?

(problem is both the BEAT and Q 94 are Clear Channel)

> From All Access...
>
> CLEAR CHANNEL RVPP BILL CAHILL has announced that Top 40
> WRVQ (Q94)/RICHMOND has selected former sister Top 40 KSLZ
> (Z107.7)/ST. LOUIS PD BOOMER as its new PD.
>
> BOOMER begins FEBRUARY 1st and replaces WAYNE COY, who
> recently left radio to join CONSOLIDATED MEDIA (NET NEWS
> 11/3/05). As of 2/1, BOOMER will take over for Acting
> PD/APD/morning man DARRIN STONE, who will continue his
> APD/wakeup duties.
>
> CAHILL told ALL ACCESS, "We looked at a lot of great
> candidates and BOOMER just stood out, not only for his size,
> but for his large sense of creativity and passion for great
> radio. We're excited about having him join Q94."
>
> ALL ACCESS heard from BOOMER, who said, "It truly is a
> thrill for me to join the CLEAR CHANNEL/RICHMOND team and
> take the lead at one of America's great heritage Top 40s,
> WRVQ. As any real radio pro knows, this station has been
> doing top-notch Top 40 radio for decades and has aged very
> well. I look forward to continuing & expanding the station?s
> success, working closely with SVP/Programming MARC CHASE,
> RVP/Market Manager RUTH STOUTERMIRE, RVPP BILL CAHILL and
> the talented Q94 staff already in place to make great radio
> in RICHMOND in 2006 and beyond!"
>

Re: Boomer lands...Q94 Richmond

Doubt it. Boomer has not been at Z107.7 in about ten months. Prior to him leaving, the radio station was nowhere NEAR as rhythmic leaning as it is now. Q94's role in the market has been defined and to shift it any more in a rhythmic direction would cannibalize the Beat. I could be wrong, but I don't see any drastic changes coming. Boomer may add SOME rhythmic product, but you won't see Z107.7 cloned in Richmond (musically, at least... I could see him adopting the imaging style that is on the air at KSLZ).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom