• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bobby Brown on Hot 99.5

C

CTMAJock

Considering how Clear Channel has been jettisoning staff members left and right (including right here), I'm appalled that they spent almost $20,000 on this Bobby Brown publicity stunt. That's a medium market night jock's salary right there.

Thoughts?

I read about this in AllAccess.com. Kane and BBrown had words between themselves and it looks like the deal's off. Lawyers on both sides agreed it was not in the best interest of either parties for this to go through, and Brown is retuening the money.

Brown comes out looking like a chump on this one. (and every other one too) When I heard this story I was hella amused imagining Bobby Brown driving the station van or folding T-shirts. Him backing out in a way says that he thinks that he is too good for the job that most of us radio jocks began our careers at. I bet if Clear Channel threw in a fat rock he would be singing a different tune. As far as Clear Channel tossing out that much dough on a stunt like that, all I gotta say is WOW! Hot 99.5 could have brought in a few artist for a concert with that wad of cash.

WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS ! I DONT CARE HOW MR BROWN GOT THE MONEY ! ITS ALL ABOUT THE MR BROWNS KIDS !

radioAvenger said:
They're giving the money away now...selling it as "paying it forward"

www.hot995.com

Seems like they're milking every penny out of the 20 large. Can you blame them though, look at all the free publicity. Access Hollywood, Fox News, every area newspaper? You can't buy publicity like that for 20,000. I won't hate the player on this one, they got their name out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom