• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best/Worst TV Commercials of 2006

Here's what I think are the best and worst tv commercaisl of 2006.

Worst:

1. The continuing "Caveman" saga from Geico.

2. The Geico commercials with the washed up celebrities - Little Richard, Charro, Peter Graves, etc.

3. The VW commercials where they're driving along talking and all of a sudden they get side-swiped and they go "Holy ****".

4. The State Farm Insurance commecial airing on the local Telemundo Station WRDM-LP/50. Its hard to describe here.

Best:

1. The Commercial advertising that Final Destination 2 would be airing on The WB Network. - I kept seeing the commercial and it made me want to check out the movie, which I did. I watched it and enjoyed it. (I guess that means the advertising campagin was successful)

2. The Commercial previewing the movie Poseidon. It made me wanna see the movie, wich I did. Me and my friend saw it and enjoyed it. We were only disappointed that there besides us there were only two other people watching the movie. An "auditorium" with seating for 109 and only 4 people watching the movie.

3. The Allstate Insurance ads.

MarcB said:
Here's what I think are the best and worst tv commercaisl of 2006.

Worst:

1. The continuing "Caveman" saga from Geico.

2. The Geico commercials with the washed up celebrities - Little Richard, Charro, Peter Graves, etc.

3. The VW commercials where they're driving along talking and all of a sudden they get side-swiped and they go "Holy ****".

4. The State Farm Insurance commecial airing on the local Telemundo Station WRDM-LP/50. Its hard to describe here.

Best:

1. The Commercial advertising that Final Destination 2 would be airing on The WB Network. - I kept seeing the commercial and it made me want to check out the movie, which I did. I watched it and enjoyed it. (I guess that means the advertising campagin was successful)

2. The Commercial previewing the movie Poseidon. It made me wanna see the movie, wich I did. Me and my friend saw it and enjoyed it. We were only disappointed that there besides us there were only two other people watching the movie. An "auditorium" with seating for 109 and only 4 people watching the movie.

3. The Allstate Insurance ads.

Some I agree, some I disagree.

Worst:

1. "Caveman" saga from Geico.

2. Some local commercials that we run

3. The "Gecko" saga from Geico.

Best:

1. Pepto Bismol commercial that has just like a Japannese monster flick (I love that one!)

2. The Geico commercials with the washed up celebrities (Peter Graves is the best.)

3. The VW commercials where they crash and say "Holy ______."

That's mine!

The GEICO spots with Peter Graves and Don LaFontaine were awesome! :) ("THIS TIME...IT'S FOR REAL!")

WORST:

I think it's a car commercial but the one that has the two little kids (boy and girl) opening presents under the Christmas tree and they unwrap one and start screaming bloody murder because they are so damned happy to get it.

It was kinda funny the first million times I saw it....the second million, not so much anymore.

Since it's Christmas themed, maybe it will be retired now for the season...and "unwrapped" again next season right around the same time some radio stations flip to all-Christmas programming. :eek:

The VW commercial showing the crash resistance of their vehicles was alright the first few times but the constant repetition has become quiet "holy *%$@" boring.

Another commercial is the "HEAD ON" apply directly to the forehead, etc., etc., etc.!

Best...........

1. Peyton Manning's new MasterCard commercial...........(That's ok, Bobby! You still got the best arm in the neighborhood!)
2. Geico with Peter Graves and the Movie voice-over guy
3. ESPN with LaDanian Tomlinson working in the mail room

Worst.........
1. Head-On...........I change the channel when it comes on
2. Miller Lite's "Man Law" series--most of them are lame

Worst: Lexus December to Remember. I will never, ever give a car to my wife with a giant bow for Christmas no matter how much money I ever have. This is my least favorite commercial for however long it has been running. I would rather see fat cats lighting cigars with hundred dollar bills than this commercial letting the little people know how much money you will never have.

WMC2006 said:
WORST:

I think it's a car commercial but the one that has the two little kids (boy and girl) opening presents under the Christmas tree and they unwrap one and start screaming bloody murder because they are so damned happy to get it.

Since it's Christmas themed, maybe it will be retired now for the season...and "unwrapped" again next season right around the same time some radio stations flip to all-Christmas programming. :eek:

It was actually a BMW ad, strangely enough....it only took 1 chance to permanently go into the teeth-grinding-ear-splitting column for me. The last couple or 3 times it came on, they may have gotten the message, because the announcer started talking over the kids--who were quite, but not completely, muted.

Worst, to the point where it deseves a lifetime-achievement award:

Those Citibank commercials with the German (allegedly) guy with an accent so fake, it wouldn't pass muster on Hogan's Heroes. Is this guy looking to play Sgt. Schultz in a potential remake of that show?

Annoying! Veddy, veddy, veddy annoying!

Almost as bad is the Chevy Truck commercial with the always-irritating John Mellencamp and his Redneck National Anthem. It was lousy the first 500 times I saw it (at least 10 times per sporting event) and it stinks even more now. At least the former Mr. Cougar doesn't sing with a fake German accent. ;D

After that, any Geico commercial regardless of caveman, gecko, or has-been celebrity.

KeithE4 said:

Those Citibank commercials with the German (allegedly) guy with an accent so fake, it wouldn't pass muster on Hogan's Heroes. Is this guy looking to play Sgt. Schultz in a potential remake of that show?

YES!! I knew there was one I was missing. I thought he may have been a take-off on Borat. regardless, that is one horrible ad campaign

KeithE4 said:

Actually, the accent is fairly authentic; he's Eastern European, not German, but I still can't make heads or tails out of the tagline, so yes, bad commercial.

Worst:
- Most any ad produced at WTHI-TV
- "You made me love you" spot for Hoveround or one of those power chair companies
- Negative political campaign attacking David Ortlicher titled "Name that Politician" (form of a game show)
- Citibank spots
- K mart spot "last time we saw you, you were ... size small"
- Most any ad for a car dealer, and some for brands of automobiles
- Ford spot featuring the latest American Idol

Best:
- Political spot for Dick Lugar
- Chia *
- The Clapper
- Ford "bold moves" campaign, excepting the Taylor Hicks spot

KeithE4 said:

Almost as bad is the Chevy Truck commercial with the always-irritating John Mellencamp and his Redneck National Anthem. It was lousy the first 500 times I saw it (at least 10 times per sporting event) and it stinks even more now. At least the former Mr. Cougar doesn't sing with a fake German accent. ;D

After that, any Geico commercial regardless of caveman, gecko, or has-been celebrity.

The Citibank commercials are terrible. That guy looks and sounds like the demon lovechild of Borat and Dieter Dunderhead.

The worst part of the Mellencamp commercials are the shots of Dale Earnhardt....he was KILLED in a Chevy!

Best:

GEICO commercials with Peter Graves, Verne Troyer, Charo, and the GEICO lizard
Any AFLAC commercial

Worst:

GEICO commercial with Burt Bacharach and the Planet Of The Apes clones
Head On

Ads from Hell....

The current Kia ad using that annoying "Hello/Goodbye/Auf Weidersein" song from the Sound of Music
Any current McDonald's ad (what happened to the nice McD's ads?)
The Burger King ads using that creepy "King"
The dorky family on the Capital One ads (bring back the barbarians!)
ALL legal attorney ads

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom