• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best of 2023

It's the time of year where everybody and their uncle does this kind of thing, so why should we be any different?

Who do y'all in radio blog land think is the best (locally) in Cleveland radio in the following categories:

General Talk
*Bill Wills and Mike Snyder (WTAM 1100/106.9)
*David "Bloomdaddy" Blomquist (WTAM)
*Dennis Manoloff (WTAM)
*Bob Frantz (WHK 1420/102.5)

Mancave/Hot Talk
*Tony Rizzo and Aaron Goldhammer (WKNR 850)
*Ken Carman and Anthony Lima (WKRK 92.3)
*Rover's Morning Glory (WMMS 100.7)
*Alan Cox (WMMS)

Sports Talk
*Emmitt Golden and Je'Rod Cherry (WKNR)
*Andy Baskin and Jeff Phelps (WKRK)
*Nick Wilson and Dustin Fox (WKRK)
*Jonathan Peterlin (WKRK)

Music Station Morning Show
*Jacqueline Gerber (WCLV 90.3)
*Len Howser and Sara Carnes (WFHM 95.5)
*Tim "Slats" Guinane (WNCX 98.5)
*Steve Wazz and Carletta Blake (WGAR 99.5)
*Tim Richards and Jen Toohey (WDOK 102.1)
*Bill Morgan and Morgan Wright (WQAL 104.1)
*Mark Nolan and Jen Picciano (WMJI 105.7)
*Ryan Lang (WNWV 107.3)

GENERAL TALK:
Craig Adams and Bruce Van Dyke (WEOL AM930/100.3 FM) Morning show.

Bob Frantz is ok, but the same guests appear on his show. That becomes a bit boring, sometimes.

Dennis Manoloff is rather unique in that he can do both general talk and sports talk.

Wills & Snyder is basically just news/weather/traffic/sports/business and occasional prize giveaways by sidekick Scooter.

I haven't really warmed up to Bloomdaddy yet.

I stopped listening to Mark Nolan after they dropped Tracey Carroll and Chip Kullik. By the way, does anyone know what they are doing now? I assume Kullik still owns the weight loss center, so that's probably keeping him occupied. And he's married to an attorney.

Dennis Manoloff is rather unique in that he can do both general talk and sports talk.

Wills & Snyder is basically just news/weather/traffic/sports/business and occasional prize giveaways by sidekick Scooter.

I haven't really warmed up to Bloomdaddy yet.

I stopped listening to Mark Nolan after they dropped Tracey Carroll and Chip Kullik. By the way, does anyone know what they are doing now? I assume Kullik still owns the weight loss center, so that's probably keeping him occupied. And he's married to an attorney.
D-Man is following the template set by Mike Trivisonno and Bob Frantz - come in as a sports guy, gradually branch out into general talk, while still being able to pivot to sports when need be.

GENERAL TALK:
Craig Adams and Bruce Van Dyke (WEOL AM930/100.3 FM) Morning show.

Adams and BVD are decent enough, but they are specific to Lorain County, and focus on their little corner of the world

The names I offered cover the whole market (by and large)

Adams and BVD are decent enough, but they are specific to Lorain County, and focus on their little corner of the world

You are correct that WEOL's Morning Show is focused on Lorain County. That makes total sense, and is a positive in my book.

You are correct that WEOL's Morning Show is focused on Lorain County. That makes total sense, and is a positive in my book.
Nothing wrong with that at all.

All I'm saying is I'm just using people that are focused on/heard in the broader overall market to have an apples to apples choice.

Unfortunately it looks like Craig is gone from the station, all local newscasts were dropped at the start of the new year and the morning show has been canceled outright.

Bruce and craig are still on their website 7 to 9 am.
Doesn't mean much. Probably fired the webmaster too.
It's not that often you don't see the classic "Soviet-style Stalin purge" on a radio station's website.

Bruce is still there but only tracking weather reports.

It's the time of year where everybody and their uncle does this kind of thing, so why should we be any different?

Tim "Slats" Guinane (WNCX 98.5)
I'm a month late to the party, but I vote Slats. I listen to very little radio these days, but always make a point to tune into Slats when I can. He's absolutely nailed the conversational delivery that truly makes it sound like he's talking just to me as an individual listener and always makes it sound easy when it's obvious he's done his show prep.

Back
Top Bottom