• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

BEATSTOCK 2011 HAPPENING WITHOUT 'KTU's SUPPORT

For those outside of the New York area, radio station WKTU has always had an annual Beatstock concert since 1997 featuring many performers in the dance music world. The show grew to be a two-day event, one in NJ at the PNC Bank Arts Center (formerly the Garden State Arts Center) and on Long Island at the Nikon Theater at Jones Beach. However, this year, 'KTU is not involved with Beatstock, however the event will still go on....

Aug. 6th - Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ)
Aug. 20th - Brookhaven Ampitheater (Selden, NY)

I don't know the reasons behind Clear Channel's decision on this, but at least Beatstock will still go on.

Both of the venues are smaller and further away from New York, but at least Six Flags is easy to get to by public transit.

Beatstock is big enough that it doesn't need a radio station to exclusively promote it. Another station should buy the sponsorship rights to Beatstock. Would be great if 92.3 Now could sponsor it as the audiences are similar.

I'll never forget Beatstock '08 when Pulse 87 flew a banner plane at Beatstock to advertise the real beat of New York.

only1moore said:
Well, with 'KTU now part of the "CHR" community, this was bound to happen.

In that sense I'm not shocked by this.

The GOOD things:
1. The show is going to go longer (10 hours)
2. There will be more core dance acts performing, that couldn't before since they didn't fit the 'KTU/CC "brand"
3. To my knowledge, there's going to be another stage that will be DJ's mixing.

The BAD things:
1. Unless you live near the venues, it is going to be a hike.
2. Forget tailgating (though they do sell beer at Six Flags).

Other than that, I do believe that this year is going to be BETTER because the show has more freedoms without the radio sponsorship involvement....THOUGH, and I have to agree with Nick, it would be smart for CBS Radio (92.3 Now) to jump on this.

I've heard that One radio station has already signed on to be involved with this. KTU not being involved shouldn't surprise anyone as the rumors had been floating around at each of the last 2 or 3 events that it was going to be the last one they did.

The "smaller" venues are because CC owns the houses where the previous shows were run and didn't block the dates so alternatives had to be found.

It carries on because Vito Bruno, the amazing event producer, actually owns the name to it. These shows are a pain in the rear to produce and an even harder ticket to sell. I haven't been to a concert at Great Adventure in decades but would be interested in seeing if people that are only attending the show have to pay a park admission that day or is it included in whatever the ticket price is.

jp

Last year I won tickets for the Bamboozle Road Tour from Hit 106 that took place in the end of June in Six Flags. The only thing I was responsible to pay for was parking. Granted, this concert was an all day event, where half the show was at one stage by the kiddie section, and the other show by El Toro. I believe if Beatstock is going to be an all day event, you may get park admission included with your concert purchase. Again, I'm only basing this on my tickets I won from Hit 106.

JohnParker said:
I've heard that One radio station has already signed on to be involved with this. KTU not being involved shouldn't surprise anyone as the rumors had been floating around at each of the last 2 or 3 events that it was going to be the last one they did.

The "smaller" venues are because CC owns the houses where the previous shows were run and didn't block the dates so alternatives had to be found.

It carries on because Vito Bruno, the amazing event producer, actually owns the name to it. These shows are a pain in the rear to produce and an even harder ticket to sell. I haven't been to a concert at Great Adventure in decades but would be interested in seeing if people that are only attending the show have to pay a park admission that day or is it included in whatever the ticket price is.

jp

I will ALWAYS respect Vito Bruno. Seriously, if the man needed my kidney I would give it to him.

And to that, I will always support Beatstock in any way. Whatever radio station gets involved in this would be a GREAT thing. I know it's a hard ticket to sell but at the same time, I do see fans continuing to show their "love" year after year. Perhaps now it can be better since the event no longer has to cater to the more rhythmic A/C sound that 'KTU has had over the past few years.

Is there any chance to get in touch with Vito Bruno or whoever is planning the event?

I have a few questions I have to ask them since I'm trying to plan a Party Bus for the August 6th Event.

SDamato89 said:
Is there any chance to get in touch with Vito Bruno or whoever is planning the event?

I have a few questions I have to ask them since I'm trying to plan a Party Bus for the August 6th Event.

[email protected] - E-mail me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom