• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bay Area Radio Predictions for 2012

W

whitemenace

1.) DJ's will dump VoxPro and bring back reel to reel

2.) Music will make a huge comeback on AM radio

3.) Reading the newspaper classifieds on-air will continue to be a PPM juggernaut.

4.) Talent wages will sky rocket into the millions!

5.) All San Francisco stations will focus all their time and promotional budgets on gaining popularity in Turlock, CA

Didn't Henry Ochs start a similar thread here? ;)

Dump Oldies 103.7, and turn the smooth jazz/NAC machine back on! The station has gone down the toilet ever since "The Band" started, IMO. But, if CC ever dumps it, I'm 75% sure they would switch it to a 910 simulcast...hope that's not going to happen.

-crainbebo

Lets hope 610 Am does not post new "Judgement Day" Billboards on Bay Area freeways between November and December of this year.

I hope Harold Camping sells his radio stations this year!

KGO will go spanish.

KKSF (the 103.7 one) will go talk.

KFRC will return to 610 after Harold sell's the station.

KBLX will be bought by some big conglomerate like Communist (KGO's owners) and simulcast Oprah.

KMEL will return to rock.

KGO will go spanish. (Very unlikely)

KKSF (the 103.7 one) will go talk. (Very possible but not now. KKSF is doing pretty good)

KFRC will return to 610 after Harold sell's the station. (Only when pigs fly)

KBLX will be bought by some big conglomerate like Communist (KGO's owners) and simulcast Oprah. (Not Cumulus but some other big conglomerate)

KMEL will return to rock. (Probably not in our lifetime. KMEL has been playing their current urban format longer than KMEL has been rock. When young people hear the calls of KMEL, they instantly think of Hip-Hop, not "The Camel" Rock.)

KimmiKat said:
KGO will go spanish..............

That would be fine with me and I don't even habla. If Spanish KGO would go back to the old format, I'd consider it a chance to learn the language. Spanish KGO in the old format would be 10 X better than the current English.

HCochet said:
KimmiKat said:
KGO will go spanish..............

That would be fine with me and I don't even habla. If Spanish KGO would go back to the old format, I'd consider it a chance to learn the language. Spanish KGO in the old format would be 10 X better than the current English.

But look at the December 2011 Ratings Books KGO-AM 810 got a 6.0 in San Jose while a 4.4 was there in SFO.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom