• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

B102 Ear Candy

From about 1:15pm to 2:30pm today (Oct 16)

John Lennon - Number 9 Dream
Sonny and Cher - Baby Don't Go
Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
Little Richard - Good Golly Miss Molly
Classics IV - Spooky
Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around and Fell in Love
Castways - Liar Liar
Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh what a night)
Doors - Light My Fire (single edit)
Commodores - Sweet Love
Jan and Dean - Dead Man's Curve
Aretha Franklin - Freeway of Love
Jr. Walker & The All-Stars - Shotgun
Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love
Top Of Hour ID 2pm
Mama Cass Elliot - Dream a Little Dream of Me
Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
Louie Armstrong - Wonderful World
Wilson Pickett - In The Midnight Hour
Tommy James - Dragging The Line
Three Dog Night - Eli's Coming
Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
Crosby Stills Nash - Suite Judy Blue Eyes (single edit)

Hey there Jimbo - got to make one last trip down to Casper and took my usual route down through Belle Fourche and over to Gillette. It was a treat on my way down Friday afternoon listening to the station. I must say it doesn't sound like any "oldies" station I've heard before. One thing I noticed, your list confirms it, I heard a few 80's tunes, you've got "freeway of love" by aretha on your list. I find that interesting that they would be that broad but then again that is over 20 years ago. I also heard the afternoon guy play a tune by Johnny Cash "get rhythm" that was a shocker for me. "Ear Candy" is right!
Another thing is that on my way back Sunday, as I listened I didn't hear any jocks - to me it's a two edged sword, would have liked some weather info and song details but flip side is that it was like a juke box that never ended. Curious why that is..oh well.
That was my last trip down, I am eastbound, getting relocated to either Michigan or Ohio.
Do you know if they are streaming yet? Would be nice to be able to tune in this station as I write my daily paperwork.

Take care and I'm assuming you're liking what you hear, I hope it lasts in the Black Hills. It's refreshing to read and hear something good in radio for once.

NDkr

Hi Nodaker - good luck on the move east.

From what I have heard Sunday is just the computer. Saturday has voicetracking. The weekdays are a mix of live and VT. One the B102 folks posted earlier how the financial reality of radio today just doesn't allow for much live radio. Even on the LA and NYC boards you will postings about voicetracked stations.

I really do compliment B102 for their wide-open playlist. I also love the fact they don't use the word oldies at all. It's always the greatest hits of all time.

Jimbo - one thing I was reminded of by listening to KFYR, I forgot to mention that I heard a newscast at 5 pm as I was driving through. What's up with that, news, I think it was CNN, on a FM music station - is that an all day thing? Not sure if I'm in agreement with that, but it's not like it's my station.

NDkr

Re: B102 Ear Candy - STREAMING

Nodaker - just wanted to pass on the we are now streaming on the internet.

Go to B102.net and click on the microphone - Enjoy

BR

Thanks for playing my request. the other guys won't play any instrumental music. you are the only one to do so.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom