• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Automattic owners of WordPress buys Pocket Casts

Wordpress. Yuck.

Talk about a contagious disease turning into a global pandemic.....

Wordpress I get it its the biggest web hosting service
That's not correct; it's like saying Ford Motor Co. was the largest operator of taxicabs in 2000 because the Ford Crown Victoria was popularly in taxi service. Of course, Ford operated zero taxicabs.

Automattic's main product is WordPress, a piece of content management software that many companies use for their web sites. Automattic also provide hosting services for that software. That business is big, maybe a couple hundred million in revenue a year, but not anything compared to GoDaddy, which is a $3.5 billion revenue company.

My experience with WordPress has been on/off. As for the good, Dxer David out of Virginia used WordPress for his website, and it turned out good for desktop and mobile, but I see double the examples of where it just glitches out for people.

That's not correct; it's like saying Ford Motor Co. was the largest operator of taxicabs in 2000 because the Ford Crown Victoria was popularly in taxi service. Of course, Ford operated zero taxicabs.

Automattic's main product is WordPress, a piece of content management software that many companies use for their web sites. Automattic also provide hosting services for that software. That business is big, maybe a couple hundred million in revenue a year, but not anything compared to GoDaddy, which is a $3.5 billion revenue company.
I knew in WordPress case they have to compete against Wix, Weebly, Square space , Joomla for CMS and web/blog hosting services. I knew it's not as big as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook and Apple but they have to be somewhere after the biggest tech companies though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom