• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Audiovox XM Receiver

Have any of you noticed that the FCC has required Audiovox to cut the power that the unit transmits to the car radio. This has made it virtually impossible to hook it up without using an adapter to the tape player, if the car even has one, or connecting to the antenna. Anyone know why the FCC took this action?

The NAB complained that the radios were interfering with radios in other cars! My Sky-fi2 transmitts all the way down the block! I have the radio your talking about too and your right is has no power at all compared to my sky-fi2. It also transmitts farther with the sure connect kit hooked up to it.

I got a Inno and it does not have the FM Modulator that my Skyfi2 had but it is not a big deal. I only really used the FM Modulator when I traveled to the country. With the Inno I will just connect a old pair of computer speakers when I go up there. It sounds better that way anyway.

My older Audiovox receivers in high desert location of So. California easily cover a half mile, but in Las Vegas overload limits it to a few feet at best. leave it to the N.A.B. to ruin a goodthing.

Steve
www.xrqkfm.com

Sirius satellite receivers have also had their output power cut. It won't matter if a person buys a new XM or Sirius satellite receiver, the FM transmitters are crap on them now. I have Sirius and my new receiver won't work unless it's on top of the radio. For the car, it's impossible. Luckily I still have another FM transmitter in the car that I can use with my unit, or even an mp3 player. It has a strong transmitter that will reach the car's antenna, and hear the audio from the unit. If you can find an FM transmitter with the VR3 name on it in the automotive department at Target or Wal-mart, buy that, unless the new VR3 transmitters also suffered the same fate. I hope not.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom