• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

As PodcastOne Spin-Off Moves Forward, LiveOne Says It May Spin Off Slacker, Too

The linked article doesn't mention that Slacker just lost a $10 million music royalty lawsuit with SoundExchange. During the trial, Slacker told the judge that losing the suit would lead to dire consequences for the company:

So by spinning off Slacker, LiveOne removes itself from any responsibility for the $10 million.

So I guess if the Slacker spinoff comes to fruition, the streaming service could be back to being called Slacker Radio when it first came up. It became LiveXLive & then LiveOne when it was acquired back in late 2017.

So I guess if the Slacker spinoff comes to fruition, the streaming service could be back to being called Slacker Radio when it first came up. It became LiveXLive & then LiveOne when it was acquired back in late 2017.

Only if they can come up with the $10 million to pay SoundExchange. Because if LiveXLive spins it off, that debt belongs to Slacker.

Only if they can come up with the $10 million to pay SoundExchange. Because if LiveXLive spins it off, that debt belongs to Slacker.
It will be interesting on how this all plays out. I imagine spinning Slacker Radio into a separate company doesn't make this issue go away. I like LiveOne but they should pay up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom