• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

April Numbers - KNTU jumps!

The overall ranking of the stations is relatively stable. The two things I noticed were a big drop for KERA and a new record high for KNTU.

What I find interesting is how KRNB and KZMJ continue to outperform co-owned KKDA and KBFB (respectively) in overall ratings despite having marginal rimshot signals.

The 4 aren't co-owned, @TexasTom. KKDA & KRNB are, and KZMJ & KBFB are, but the former pair are competitors to the latter. I wholeheartedly agree with you that KBFB and KZMJ need to do a flip-flopping of programming, however. Magic should be afforded the opportunity to be moved to 97.9, given how poorly The Beat does with the average Dallas-Fort Worth listener.

Edit: My apologies, @TexasTom. I misread what you wrote. Chalk one up to lack of glasses on my face when I read your comments earlier.

Last edited:
what the OP fails to say is that KNTU is still one of the lowest rated stations in town, below KVIL and KXT.

Here's the link:

what the OP fails to say is that KNTU is still one of the lowest rated stations in town, below KVIL and KXT.

Here's the link:

KNTU went from a 0.3 to a 1.3. It's a record high for the non-commercial station owned by the University of North Texas. It's noteworthy, even if it's a blip that goes away next month.

KNTU went from a 0.3 to a 1.3. It's a record high for the non-commercial station owned by the University of North Texas. It's noteworthy, even if it's a blip that goes away next month.
Oh, and as one final “well, that didn’t work.” KNTU, a college station, actually tied with KEGL, last month. Yikes 😬

It reminds me of the time Alt 103.7 had lower ratings than KXT. Another Yikes 😱 moment.

The 4 aren't co-owned, @TexasTom. KKDA & KRNB are, and KZMJ & KBFB are, but the former pair are competitors to the latter. I wholeheartedly agree with you that KBFB and KZMJ need to do a flip-flopping of programming, however. Magic should be afforded the opportunity to be moved to 97.9, given how poorly The Beat does with the average Dallas-Fort Worth listener.

Edit: My apologies, @TexasTom. I misread what you wrote. Chalk one up to lack of glasses on my face when I read your comments earlier.
This is the sentiment of many people, including me.

Back
Top Bottom