• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anyone found a good internet Wi-Fi Radio?

I have 2 Grace Mondo Elites and 1 Grace Link, and they are both fantastic, I had a CCrane CC1 and a CC2 which are now door stops because of the demise of Reciva, you can't beat Grace, the selection of apps is hard to beat, they have their own base, plus apps for Sirius XM, Live 365, Audacy, i-heart, Shoutcast, Amazon Music and more, hard to top these Grace radios.

I have to agree with you on that. Grace Digital Mondo Elite is one of the best radios I've ever purchased. I have five different radios in total but I consider the Mondo Elite as one of the tops on my list.

The Wi-Fi radios are not setup to listen to conversations in the room, unless Alexa-like smart devices.
I know they clam the listening can be shut off, but like in this business, any mic might be hot.

A valid concern but take a look at Sonos. Some models like the Sonos One speaker have a mic and you can integrate them into either Alexa or Google if you want. However you can also keep it disconnected from those services and use Sonos's own voice response UI which only listens for music search and playback commands, not all the other things Alexa and Google want to hear. Or you can turn off the mic and control it through the app.

Sonos also makes models like the Sonos One SL or Ikea's Symfonisk which have no mic or listening capability built in at all, you control them through the phone app.

Sonos products support nearly any music streaming service you want to listen to. After getting burned by the Receiva debacle, not to mention past shutdowns of Logitech's Squeezebox platform, and vTuner which my Yamaha HTR reeiver depended on, a smart speaker type of device is the only way I'd go now. There are too many 'internet radios" that don't support things like iHeart, Audacy, SiriusXM, Spotify, Tidal, etc., and the playing field is changing all the time.

I have to agree with you on that. Grace Digital Mondo Elite is one of the best radios I've ever purchased. I have five different radios in total but I consider the Mondo Elite as one of the tops on my list.
I had a Sangean WRF-28 radio, an Aluratek radio (sold now as Sungale) and a few others that met their demise when Reciva shut down. The Aluratek radio had an interesting "pause" feature that the others didn't, I paid $44.95 for that radio from Best Buy, which was a lucky fluke, now the Sungale (new version) sells for $128, I would buy another Grace radio for that kind of $.

I had a Sangean WRF-28 radio, an Aluratek radio (sold now as Sungale) and a few others that met their demise when Reciva shut down. The Aluratek radio had an interesting "pause" feature that the others didn't, I paid $44.95 for that radio from Best Buy, which was a lucky fluke, now the Sungale (new version) sells for $128, I would buy another Grace radio for that kind of $.

Just buy the Grace one. You won't be sorry at all.

Grace always has great customer service also, if a station disappears for what ever reason or you want one added they will solve the problem immediately, and they're very accommodating and will always answer any e-mails U send.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and bought the Grace Digital Mondo Elite.

So far I am loving it! Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeart, Audacy....and any link you want to add! Love the presets and the web page interface if the screen is too small for you.

I have been experimenting with other external speakers to see if the sound is better.

So far I am loving it! Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeart, Audacy....and any link you want to add! Love the presets and the web page interface if the screen is too small for you.

I have been experimenting with other external speakers to see if the sound is better.
Great choice, I love my MONDO, It's probably on 14 hours a day, I have the Link setup through my stereo system and the sound quality is incredible.

The Mondo gives you everything. Literary everything. Its THE perfect internet wi-fi radio IMO.

I have my Mondo Link (which is an Elite without speakers) hooked up to my DENON and it sounds incredible, The Elite also sounds great that way, they all have RCA output plugs. I just renewed my SIRIUS XM for another year because of the Grace radios, if it were just for the car I wouldn't have, the XTRA streaming stations is why i did it, the satellite stations are OK but nowhere as good as the hundreds of streaming ones.

I was surprised it didn't contain an app for TunedIn though...
Grace has their own data base, most things on tune-in are in their base, could you what station(s) you're looking for?

I tried uploading a picture taken from my internet radio and yes, they have multiple GBH Jazz, there's WGBH Jazz 24/7, WGBH Jazz Decades and WGBH 89.7 Boston, and more!

"Search for station by name" and type in GBH Jazz, I have a load of WGBH stations and the GBH Jazz 24/7 is playing now as I'm typing this. actually I just typed in "GBH" and it gave me all of the stations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar to scanman1 above, I play streams through a bluetooth boombox, using an old tablet to pick stations from a playlist in VLC. Sometimes I enjoy real AM talk radio or shortwave, so I have a second list of links which bring up specific stations on WebSDR and KiwiSDR receivers around the world.

It is a bummer that Reciva is gone; it is a bit more work to find stream urls for the best stations. It seems that there are tons of low quality, really compressed streams for CBC Radio, for example, and just a few with high quality stereo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom