• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any stations looking for volunteer?

thegame310

Inactive
Inactive User
I just moved to this area and I'm finding my self with lots of free time after my day job is finished. (4pm) so I would like to help any radio station with any tasks they need. I'm not looking for pay or anything, just wanting to learn the ropes.

I have the perfect station for you. NPR-affiliate WDIY is primarily all volunteer/community based. Check out www.wdiyfm.org
Call the station and tell them you want to volunteer. They rely on volunteers and will take anyone with a good heart and professionalism for radio.

This is a big area and you didn't mention where exactly you are. But if you want practical, commercial broadcast experience, WBZH 1370 in Pottstown is volunteer staffed. And you could get a shot at a few hours a week of your own show. Their number is 610-326-4000. A lot of famous people went though that station as WPAZ and cut their teeth there. I did too. Good luck.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm actually in Reading...well, Wyomissing to be exact. I'm going to make some phone calls!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom