• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

andrew mt-300 membrane dehydrator

I picked this unit up from an abandoned rack at a tower site, not able to find a terrible amount of information about it. Is it worth using ? Anything I should know in particular ? I have a place for it, station with a small leak that is just pesky enough to eat a small bottle of nitrogen every few weeks, owner is completely not interested in spending the money to correct, turns out the leak has been there since they went on air, noone ever went back to look at it...

Nice catch, and I'm no expert, but I would run a complete test to be absolutley sure there's nothing up with the unit before putting it into service. These units are not "user friendly" when it comes to servicing, plus you don't want to wake up one morning a month from now and find 60 PSI blasting through your transmission line after it blew out all the seals.

Bottom line, if it works, great... you've scored! If not, that small problem in the line since inception is about get fixed fast. ;D

I went through it, very simple control circuit actually. It all checks out good, it had lived its previous life in an air conditioned shelter, looks like new, not even any dust on it.

It's in service now working great, although I did discover another small leak at the gas block connector inside the building, going to take that apart one night this weekend (no backup tx to put on).

Score! Just keep an eye on it. That tiny leak at the gas coupler may have been the problem all along. It doesn't take much of a leak to entirely discharge a nitro-tank. Good luck with it!

RadioRickster
WXJBFM

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom