• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Amber Miller exits Alt 104.5

Keep in mind that Allers is in charge of both KVIL and KITS. If you look at the playlists, they're very different. So yes, he's following the local research. Not sure what you mean by 'doing the same,' because the playlists and music strategies of the two stations are different.
Doing the same as to what Kaplan is doing in Philly in following the research in each market.

No offense, but I have never once seen Kaplan convincingly "follow the research" and I have rather accidentally tracked his career back to the 90's through research into popular music for a book and such. He has always done this type of thing wherever he goes, regardless of the market. Lip service to alternative rock (he would medium prime RHCP cuts from Californication or enormous Linkin Park hits from Meteora at best) while chasing the new left-field pop trends and putting them on power, overall shooting for a dance-ready "cool soccer mom" sound that comes across as a Hot AC that isn't willing to admit it's a Hot AC. Whether it was “Ray of Light” by Madonna and "Natural Blues" by Moby twenty-five years ago or "hot girl bummer" by blackbear and “brutal” by Olivia Rodrigo just a few years ago, he will always do this, no matter where he is.

Perhaps Philly is a better fit for him because this specific station has typically followed a formula similar to what he follows, but I have yet to be convinced this is anything but a coincidence.

I honestly do not understand why a pop or Hot AC station doesn't hire him because he'd probably be a necessary breath of fresh air for those formats. He's out of his element on Alternative and always has been, but because that's where he always has been, that's where he keeps getting hired.

Last edited:
Well personally I like what he is doing at WRFF. I find myself listening to WRFF more than I ever have before.
The ratings will tell the story at least in part.

Back
Top Bottom