• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 1090

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day: Just splatter from 1100 KDRY.

Sunset: Aiming NE, I can hear KAAY in Little Rock coming up in the splatter. XEAU in Monterrey sometimes comes up as well. Eventually, IBOC hash from KRLD starts combining with the splatter to make a mess.

Night: The splatter is reduced a bit when KDRY goes to night power/pattern, but the KRLD hash is often really bad. KAAY and XEAU are in/out, with the former dominating the most. Aiming NW/SE the hash is lessened, and XEAU can still be heard at times. XEHR "Cinco Radio" in Puebla is heard in that direction occasionally. Less often, XEPRS in Rosarito will pop up briefly with English-language sports.

Sunrise: The KRLD hash starts to dissipate, but KDRY splatter increases when it goes back to day power/pattern. KAAY and XEAU are more steady, with KAAY last to fade.

DX/Retro: KVOP used to be a regular visitor sunset/night/sunrise, but I have not heard it for a couple of years. Also, I heard XEWL in Nuevo Laredo once before it was retired.

East SFBA:

Daytime: Slop from KFAX 1100.

Nighttime: Either XEPRS "The Mightier 1090," or KMXA, with it's unique tone present after 11 PM Pacific most nights for quite some time a couple months ago.
ICYMI - The tone is gone and KMXA is in fact off the air every overnight period from 11 pm until 6 am. For other night hours, it's either at its licensed 500 watts on night pattern or 125 watts on day pattern under an STA. The STA hadn't been granted as of last week but I haven't checked this week on its status as I've been traveling.

Springfield, OH:

Days-WKFI Wilmington, OH
Dusk- WBAL Baltimore, MD once
Nites-KAAY Little Rock fairly reliable but not all the time. Strange that I get this more often, my antenna is more often pointed toward Baltimore than Little Rock.
1st time log this week (nite) WCZZ Greenwood, SC

Day - splatter from WKAC in Athens on 1080

Evening - Southern Gospel from KAAY. In the winter months sometimes there is a 1 Khz heterodyne due to Talksport 1089 in the UK which makes it over here on occasion.

From Aberfoyle ON:
Nothing during the day. At night WBAL Baltimore MD is weak but dominant. In the backgound during fades I can hear spanish music and talk, presumably from WCAR Livonia MI. Preaching from KAAY LittleRock AR is heard faintly in the background. There is also a weak country station yet to be identified which weaves in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom