• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Band Mid Days

If you don't like conservative talk, it's an absolute wasteland.

I'm not a Glen Beck guy. He irritates me to no end. So, I don't listen. Rush is different. I don't always agree, but I always give him a few minutes of my day.

The sports stations are fine for the most part. Listening to Defo in the middle of the day is a waste. He's a shell of what he once was. (I preferred Dan Patrick on WINZ).

The rest of the sports options are solid. Cowherd is an acquired taste that has grown on me. I have not really listened to Irvin, Toretta or Sports Brothers enough to give an opinion.

The isuuse I have is the talk stations in this town have nothing of interest on at that time. It's like they lay down for Limbaugh.

I mostly listen to Sports Talk and only then during drive to and from work but I have caught Michael Irvin and was NOT impressed. Defo's schtick is old and tired and I feel bad for that because he genuinely seems like a nice guy.

I am listening more and more to Dan Patrick, refreshing and National. Never have cared for the stupid LeBatard and his fake name idiot Weiner and Sid Rosenberg is just plain annoying.

I tend to agree. I think Dan is smart. Tried listening to Sid. He's more interested in NY teams; that would be fine with me if he had a national show but it's S. Fla. so the focus should be on our teams. I gave him a week of pretty loyal listening and found it was like trying to take a sip of water from an open fire hydrant. He just runs off at the mouth. Knows his stuff but style is to hyper for me.
And, he seems so paranoid or defensive.

The thing with Beck, Rush, et al, including our friend Randi Rhodes - look at their careers as Top 40 personalities. They're essentially doing the same schtick they did while local yokels, only sans music and on a national scale with a political flavor.

Not a bad way to make a buck! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom