• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

All Access: Big 8's Dave Shafer Dies Following Surgery

• Thread starter fred flintstone
  • Start date
F

fred flintstone

CKLW Vet Dave Shafer PassesALL ACCESS is sorry to report that former CKLW-A (THE BIG 8)DETROIT personality of the 60s, 70s and 80s, DAVE SHAFER has passed away (5/7) from complications with sinus surgery. Details on family and services is pending.

Sorry to get this news this morning. Terry Schiefer said in an E-mail to many of Dave's former co-workers and friends that the family is "looking at services in Sun City, FL and services in the Detroit area." As above, details to follow.mike

More from Terry Schiefer:The Florida ServiceMass of the Resurrection will be celebrated at 11 a.m Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Sun City Center, Fla. Right off of 674. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the American Heart Association. Detroit ServiceThe Memorial Service will be held May 23rd. Sorry for the date and time but I hope most of you can make. I would love to here more stories of Face. I'm old enough now (42) to here the good ones. Memorials may be made to the American Heart Association. 11:00 am - 1:00 pm visitation1:00 pm - Memorial Lynch & Sons1368 N. CrooksClawson, MI248-435-0660 Please forward to anyone I might have missed. Thank you again, for all the kind words about my Father. He was a pretty Cool Cat. Also please take a look on DetroitNews.com. The Online portion has a article of Dave on-line. He will also be in tomorrows Detroit News Featured Section.Here's the link: http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbc...60508/UPDATE/605080411&SearchID=7324401398711

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom