• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

All 90’s Pop Hits

One episode of American Pickers had the guys looking for a maroon 52 Chevy Bel Air with a straight 6. So they think it's classic. Or perhaps the word is "vintage."
There is certainly an art form in picking out a forlorn old sedan and bringing life back to it but that doesn't necessarily make the car a "Classic". I'd agree with "vintage".

You ever hang around any car nuts? I know some. There are classic 80s cars, and even some classic 90s cars now -- cars from those eras are rare because they generally get crushed and recycled when they wear out.
I AM a car nut but cannot think offhand of anything domestically that could be called an 80's or 90's classic. The most recent American classics to me would be certain muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. Nothing worthwhile was made after 1972.

Note: "Rare" is not the same as "Classic".

Odd how no alternative to "Don we now our gay apparel" has evolved for "Deck the Halls." And the evolution of "The Old Kentucky Home" resulted in "people" being put into a line that still includes "gay."
Back in 2011 a school in Michigan tried to change it to "down we now our bright apparel":

I AM a car nut but cannot think offhand of anything domestically that could be called an 80's or 90's classic. The most recent American classics to me would be certain muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. Nothing worthwhile was made after 1972.
Meanwhile, values of Mustang II's are starting to increase, after years of being treated as the laughingstock of the Mustang family.

Meanwhile, values of Mustang II's are starting to increase, after years of being treated as the laughingstock of the Mustang family.
In my mind, and that of most of my contemporaries, Mustang II's occupy the same place on the classic mantel as the Vega.

Perhaps razor blade futures are on the rise?

I don't know how, but I missed hearing "My Old Kentucky Home". I fast-forwarded through so much of the show it might have been sung when I wasn't watching.
An instrumental version of the song was played at this year's Kentucky Derby, if that's what you meant.

An instrumental version of the song was played at this year's Kentucky Derby, if that's what you meant.
The vocals were a fairly recent addition, actually. For years, it was the University of Louisville band, with the lyrics (the "people" version) on screen for viewers to follow along. This year's Derby saw the vocals eliminated, but viewers who didn't know the words were left to hum -- or post their outrage on social media. Not that horse racing itself doesn't generate enough outrage!

So were or weren't the words shown this year? I was watching at a simulcast betting site and saw only the raw track feed.
No lyrics were shown on-screen. With the controversy surrounding the lyrics, Kentucky's state song might as well go the way of the Spanish national anthem and have no lyrics.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom