• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AJ in the Morning

Clear Channel is advertising Star 94.1's new show AJ in The Morning on the CW... They never did that on Channel 93-3 and never did that for Jeff and Jer. Is AJ not doing well on the new frequency?

Isn't AJ aimed more at the late teen-early 20's demo that the CW seems to target rather than the soccer moms that J&J appealed to. My wife swears that the music has completely changed since they swapped morning shows. I don't really ever listen so I can't compare or contrast the apparent two versions of Star.

And on a slightly related note, are they ever going to install a new morning show at 933? Its been about 6 or 7 weeks and they still don't have anyone in that spot on a permanent basis.

wouldn't it be odd if j&f returned at channel 933... personally i wish they would have taken the deal of just doing the show alone... but i guess they view is as their family -- have always liked the lead characters but not the supporting staff

To the first blogger: all this means is that the struggling CW channel is trading promo spots on TV with promo spots on Star 94.1. That's all. No more no less.

To the second: Because Clear Channel specifically and radio in general is having such tough time, Clear Channel is finding they can do just fine with interns running the show. They don't need talent, just warm bodies. Even in the morning. And with 98.9 leaving the urban race, it makes it that much easier for z90 and 9-3-3 to do more with less.

And to poor hdsucks who suggested in a previous post that J&J are going to 94/9 and that "billboards are already being made,"....that is a bold-faced lie, and I think whatever you say needs to be taken with many grains of salt. As was discussed earlier, J&J didn't leave because they wanted to keep their "family" together (which you ate with a fork and spoon) but because they were only offered jobs at huge decreases in pay.

So far, I find the ads for AJ's show more entertaining than the broadcast itself.

-- Doc

I completely agree with you. Sounds like we are getting a $10 morning show now, and I guess with this economy it is all we can afford. I guess VOR is right, we are stuck with a future of intern radio and minimum wage help :(

aj and gang are fine. latina chick kinda irks a bit but other than that, he'll be fine.

hdsucks said:
I completely agree with you. Sounds like we are getting a $10 morning show now, and I guess with this economy it is all we can afford. I guess VOR is right, we are stuck with a future of intern radio and minimum wage help :(
OUCH! But good point! Not too sure he has as much control of the show as it appears (or as he wants)... not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom