• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Adam Corolla confirms he is replacing Stern

M

mrradioguy99

On Stern, Adam Corolla confirmed the rumor that he will be taking over 4 of Stern's stations, including SF.

> On Stern, Adam Corolla confirmed the rumor that he will be
> taking over 4 of Stern's stations, including SF.
>
I like Adam personally, I cant really think of a better guy they could have picked. Adam Corolla has a strong history of Male related comedy, so this should get interesting. BTW, can you post a link, of where you read this, im courious to read about it.

> > On Stern, Adam Corolla confirmed the rumor that he will be
>
> > taking over 4 of Stern's stations, including SF.
> >
> I like Adam personally, I cant really think of a better guy
> they could have picked. Adam Corolla has a strong history
> of Male related comedy, so this should get interesting.
> BTW, can you post a link, of where you read this, im
> courious to read about it.
>

Corolla said it himself on Stern's show when he was promoting his new Comedy Central show.

Here is a link to the shows recap:
http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#thu

>
> Corolla said it himself on Stern's show when he was
> promoting his new Comedy Central show.
>

Just to be accurate, Adam said "thats the plan, but i havent signed any paperwork yet"...that was the vibe of his conversation with Howard. But he did say he was taking 4 of Stern's markets..LA, SF, San Diego, and one other they didnt mention.

Howard also seemed quite upset that Adam wasnt being readied to go on-air earlier than January, and he might be forced to stay on until the end of the year.

AUDIO: Adam Carolla confirms he is replacing Stern

> On Stern, Adam Corolla confirmed the rumor that he will be
> taking over 4 of Stern's stations, including SF.
>

Here's a link to the actual audio (and it's Carolla):

http://www.uncas.net/audio/Stern_Carolla_Excerpt_Aug-4-2005.ram

Carolla said, "Tentatively, that sounds right."

He also says he's ending Loveline.

But he hasn't signed anything to replace Howard. And he already is adding a night-time show on Comedy Central, and a series on TLC. And he says he can't stand getting up early.

But aside from that -- in a way, kind of -- he didn't deny anything. But he didn't confirm anything, either.

I will miss adam on LOVELINE, he carries the show along with DR DREW but DR DREW is not as funny as ADAM, I bet when ADAM leaves LOVELINE will tank, who will they get to replace adam???

> I will miss adam on LOVELINE, he carries the show along with
> DR DREW but DR DREW is not as funny as ADAM, I bet when ADAM
> leaves LOVELINE will tank, who will they get to replace
> adam???
>
Yeah, hard to imagine Loveline without Adam, The comedy really adds to the show.

If this is true then there goes everyone's speculation (sp?) that the doghouse was ging to replace him..... hmmm....I wonder what they are doing right now??? And I wonder where they ae going to go now???

> I will miss adam on LOVELINE, he carries the show along with
> DR DREW but DR DREW is not as funny as ADAM, I bet when ADAM
> leaves LOVELINE will tank, who will they get to replace
> adam???
>

Loveline is Adam... Half the show is Adam on a rant. The show will not work without him.<P ID="signature">______________
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything...</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom