• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ABC to have an Unlocked feature for the Local ABC Owned stations

I don't know why they used the term "unlocked" when describing this feature. They're doing what Fox has been for the last few years--on their FoxNow apps, you can stream the news streams of their O&O stations; you're not getting any network or syndicated programming from any of the other ABC-owned stations. All ABC did was create a section where you can stream their locally-owned news streams, but they're also running a 24/7 stream of not only local news, but also shows from Localish and ABC News, local events, as well as online-only daily newscasts.

I believe all eight ABC O&Os are now offering extending morning newscasts at 7am local time, and at least a couple of them added an extra evening newscast that's online-only (i.e. WABC's 6:30pm newscast), plus you have newscasts that are produced for other stations (i.e. KTRK's 9pm on KIAH, WPVI's 10pm on WPHL, and KABC's 7pm on KDOC).

Isn't everybody doing this now? Just get the local footage, electronically change the green screen image, chyrons and the station logo on the news desk and from anywhere, you can barf up an instant local TV newscast for any station in the chain?

I believe all eight ABC O&Os are now offering extending morning newscasts at 7am local time, and at least a couple of them added an extra evening newscast that's online-only (i.e. WABC's 6:30pm newscast), plus you have newscasts that are produced for other stations (i.e. KTRK's 9pm on KIAH, WPVI's 10pm on WPHL, and KABC's 7pm on KDOC).

The latter going away since KDOC is being sold to TCT and will replace the 7pm hour, of course, with religious programming.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom