• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A Bobby Womack Record Story

As you probably are aware, Cleveland's own Bobby Womack passed away a few days ago. He first hits to climb the R&B charts in the early-mid 1960s were "Lookin' For A Love" and "It's All Over Now". As it turned out, Bobby revisited "Lookin'..." in 1974 and enjoyed a Top 10 Pop & chart topping R&B hit. However, it is "It's All Over Now" that has been sighted by other musicians and singers as being influential to them. Most notably, The Rolling Stones cut a successful version early in their recording career. Well Bobby, himself, must have thought this song had long legs because he re-visited it in the 1970s. I'm wondering if there were two versions released in 1975...one with Bill Withers that enjoyed minor success on the R&B charts and one done solo by Bobby. The one I have has only Bobby Womack credited on the United Artists record label #UA-XW674-Y.
It's a most interesting version. The song has been re-tooled and updated. It hardly sounds like the same song, but the lyrics give it away. This dynamic version Rock's pretty hard.

For those who recall my "Non-Hits You Couldn't Live Without" posts, this is another 45 I grabbed from the radio station before it became food for the landfill. Sure glad I did!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom