• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.5 - OMG!!!

WOMG has re-positioned themselves as “98.5 ‘OMG”, still “Columbia’s Classic Hits” with new imaging and a somewhat modified playlist. They’ve added more 80s pop that they didn’t really play much of (Billy Ocean, Wham, Cyndi Lauper, Whitney Houston, Madonna, etc). Not much 90s, still a lot of 70s, seems about the same as before. It’s more like WLS-FM in Chicago..still rock leaning to an extent, but it has more pop and a more upbeat presentation. I’m not exactly sure when this change happened.

Not sure why they changed considering they’ve been on an upward trend and this cuts more in to B106.7’s territory - almost kicking them while they’re down.

Here’s the recently played: 98.5 WOMG On Air Playlist

Last edited:
Sounds like it.'s evolving. Seems simular to how The Wolf in Chucktown sounds. During the day they are pop friendly, but after 7 they are more rock based.
I’m glad they’ve varied the music more, there does seem to be more 80s but still a lot of 70s for 2023. And I agree, quite similar to The Wolf which was originally rock leaning as well. This does make me wonder if WTCB isn’t long for this world - this adjustment could take more of the older end of their audience since OMG is doing way better on their class A signal than B is on their class C, and some frustrated WTCB listeners could be directed to OMG.

Looks like they’ve balanced the playlist to where it’s pretty much the same all day, not playing more rock at night.

WOMG deserves to be on the 106.7 stick IMO.

I listened to them some Thursday while out running errands, and the times I listened it sounded simular to WGRR in Cincinnati. Hopefully it will keep evolving.

Back
Top Bottom