• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.3 Grace-FM Portsmouth, OH flips to Hot AC.

Not even 2 months with their Southern Gospel/Country format 98.3 Grace FM has shifted to Local Radio Network's Hot AC format as "98.3 hot FM"

Portsmouth Radio Station 98.3 Changes Format and Call Signs

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out 99.3 WNXT-FM is local in that area and established. I sadly don't see this format lasting either. Not a place you can just plug in an internet stream and expect success. Small town radio needs local businesses, and you don't exactly get that 1n1 connection with an automated canned format piped in via the IP.

Not even 2 months with their Southern Gospel/Country format 98.3 Grace FM has shifted to Local Radio Network's Hot AC format as "98.3 hot FM"

Portsmouth Radio Station 98.3 Changes Format and Call Signs

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out 99.3 WNXT-FM is local in that area and established. I sadly don't see this format lasting either. Not a place you can just plug in an internet stream and expect success. Small town radio needs local businesses, and you don't exactly get that 1n1 connection with an automated canned format piped in via the IP.

There are quite a few many, good ways to localize using .. and it can sound pretty darn local, with some effort... the jocks can and do form a connection with listeners.

I should know.. i am one of them, just not on this format.

What I wanna know is why flip after 2 months? The radioinsight.com article made some reference to the WFHT calls that came with the gospel format being really meant for this format... and they meant to do this earlier, or had to hastily change to something in the interim.. thats what i got from reading it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom