• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.5 and 96.5 (WZEW subchannels) off air

For the past few days, both 92.5 The Soul (WZEW HD3) and 96.5 The Crab (WZEW HD2) have both been dead air.
WZEW and WNSP are on as usual. Any idea to what's going on with these stations?

That's odd. I thought I heard The Crab just a few days ago since it's a present in the car. But you're right, the HD are dead air, as is the online stream.

I was going to PM 92 Zew on Facebook but their page is unavailable for some reason.

No.. this one: 登录或注册即可查看

I dont know why that shows chinese characters but its a link to facbeook dot com slash 92zew

i think maybe it shows that because it wont let you view it unless youre logged in or something
^ This is the one. I am logged in says the content isn't available now. The Zew Krewe one works but it doesn't seem like it is the "official" one, it's not linked on their website. Their Twitter link is the only one that seems updated and fairly current. Their Instagram link is bad (but the 92ZEW IG page does exist.)

You'd think radio stations would be better than this at social media.

^ This is the one. I am logged in says the content isn't available now. The Zew Krewe one works but it doesn't seem like it is the "official" one, it's not linked on their website. Their Twitter link is the only one that seems updated and fairly current. Their Instagram link is bad (but the 92ZEW IG page does exist.)

You'd think radio stations would be better than this at social media.

Snicks, somehow I manage to do FB well up here :)

Seems like it's a major outage or systems failure if both of these feeds are down. Hopefully it wasn't a system intrusion of some kind. That happened to WPMI/WJTC and all of their sister stations across the country to what could be characterized as a ransomware attack. It basically crippled these stations for days leaving them unable to air commercials, local programming, and even affected their newscasts. Basically anything on a computer hooked to the outside world was taken down by this attack.

Here is the response from 96.5 The Crab, to someone's post asking about the outage:
"Yes we had a massive computer meltdown that affected all four of our local radio stations music libraries. We are doing our best to get the music back up and the stations going again, and just ask for your patience as we try to recover all the songs that were lost."

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom