• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.3 Jack FM Smith Falls Ontario hits the road and other changes

Country 101 is now on 92.3 FM in Smith Falls Ontario. (RIP JACK FM)

101.1 FM is now called Citynews 101, a repeater of 1310 AM in Ottawa.
Rogers has already been in trouble once before back when 101.1 was
an alternative rock station known as 101.1 XFM "Ottawa".
(serving Ottawa instead of their place of licence, Smith Falls Ontario)

I wonder what the CRTC thinks of 101.1 FM being an "Ottawa News/talk" station...and on FM!
Two things: Not serving their market of licence and NOT having a specialty broadcast licence for 101.1

Anyone know anything about this? How is it legal what they are doing?

I think CTRC gave them a slap in their face a while back for the 101.1 frequency that supposed to serve Smith Falls instead of Ottawa ON. Speaking of 92.3, I haven't been to Ottawa in a long time. I wonder how's the signal in the Ottawa-Gatineau metro area? Based on the recradio contours maps, it seems that 92.3 is non-existed in Ottawa vs. 101.1 signal.

I think CTRC gave them a slap in their face a while back for the 101.1 frequency that supposed to serve Smith Falls instead of Ottawa ON. Speaking of 92.3, I haven't been to Ottawa in a long time. I wonder how's the signal in the Ottawa-Gatineau metro area? Based on the recradio contours maps, it seems that 92.3 is non-existed in Ottawa vs. 101.1 signal.
Yes. 92.3 is too weak in Ottawa. On one hand, Rogers did Bell a favour, (Bell owns Country 93.9 in Ottawa) but on the other hand created new hell for Bell (Bell owns News/talk 580 in Ottawa) with the launch of Citynews 101.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom