• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

730 KDBI Boise turns in the license

Will be interesting to see the reason. My first guess is that the tower site is in the path of progress and the land owner is looking to cash in on the skyrocketing property values there. I believe KFXD uses the same site too.

Boise is a growing market and KDBI had a pretty powerful signal but relocated the station is probably not worth the cost and headache to do it.

Edit: This other thread says indeed the land owner wants to do other things with their land.... https://www.radiodiscussions.com/th...all-letters-drops-2-towers-on-purpose.760679/

Last edited:
KDBI 730 is already gone from the Radio-Locator.com website and from FCCdata.org as well. I guess it ain't coming back!

It had a 15,000 watt daytime signal but had to drop to just 500 watts at night. 730 is a clear channel frequency for XEX Mexico City and CKAC Montreal so it has to cut its power. KDBI had no translator but it does have a rimshot FM at 106.3, running 100,000 watts. It's licensed to Homedale, Idaho, but has its tower in Washington State, near the Idaho border. I guess the AM simulcast was for some listeners in Boise unable to hear the FM.

KDBI "did" have a translator K294DC 106.7. Wasn't tied to the AM after 4 years. When 730 was shut down last July the source became a leased 102.7 KZMG HD-3 which simulcasts KDBI 106.3.
FCC database still shows KDBI(AM) as the primary.

Back
Top Bottom