• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

44th Annual CMA Awards

Hi All.Is anybody going to watch the CMA's tonight.I will be monitoring the show as I do some work in my computer.then I will play back the recorded tape to see what I missed when I step out tonight.

Hahaha ,was I the only one to watch the show.The show was ok.My favorite part was when Loretta Lynn came on.Also Little Jimmy Dickens too.Brad was very funny.On the technical side .The production was great.There was a little glich in George Straits tune ,but the sound was great.

WPPCProductions said:
My favorite part was when Loretta Lynn came on.Also Little Jimmy Dickens too.
Mine too.

The music wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. I fast-forwarded through it anytime I thought the music wasn't going to be my taste. I did this automatically for Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood (though Carrie was certainly pretty to look at). I gave Sugarland and Taylor Swift a chance but decided they weren't worth it.

I had heard Blake Shelton's "All about Tonight" in an office and thought it was completely inappropriate there, but I don't remember it sounding as bad there as it was on the show. Plus it had that word in it.

I was sort of pleased a number of awards went to Miranda Lambert. I'm just not quite comfortable with her, but she seems more country than some of the other feamles. My introduction to her was "Kerosene", so naturally she's had to overcome that.

One would think I'd be happy with Zac Brown Band and Dierks Bentley doing bluegrass, but after a few seconds I just hit fast-forward. Something about them didn't work for me, just like Little Big Town, who have problems of their own.

Brad Paisley's song with the lyrics "We Do" had good lyrics, but like a lot of what he does, it just wasn't country enough for me.

The show was ok if you weren't looking to hear country music. Loretta and Little Jimmy was of course my favorite parts. The music sounded good and the show was produced great but to be honest the CMA Awards show just doesn't seem country enough anymore to be called country music or Awards show. It seems like it should be The Nashville Mix Music Awards for the best country mix music. There just not enough country to call it country anymore no country rhythm, no country feeling, and a few country lines doesn't make country music.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom