• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

107.9 WOLD-LP flips from Oldies to Soft AC

Class D's have little protection. I live smack dab in the middle of where the two signals will be and I couldn't tell you the last time I've received WCNM. 103.9 previously had WUEY-LP licensed to New Brunswick from the same tower WOLD-LP will be on from 2015-17 so it's already happened too.

The upside is Class D non commercial education FM stations (not translators) dont have to maintain public files... hallelujah!

The upside is Class D non commercial education FM stations (not translators) dont have to maintain public files... hallelujah!
During the many decades when in-person viewable "Public Files" were the requirement, I only saw one occasion when anyone asked to see them. And in that case, it was a couple of college students on a Broadcast Law course assignment.

During the many decades when in-person viewable "Public Files" were the requirement, I only saw one occasion when anyone asked to see them. And in that case, it was a couple of college students on a Broadcast Law course assignment.
In 2009 when WHTG flipped to CHR, a bunch of people protested. Some decided to harass the station by repeatedly asking to inspect the public file for weeks, and wrote nasty letters to put in the public file.

In 2009 when WHTG flipped to CHR, a bunch of people protested. Some decided to harass the station by repeatedly asking to inspect the public file for weeks, and wrote nasty letters to put in the public file.
I think there was similar outrage when it went from FM 106.3 to G Rock, about a decade before?

I think there was similar outrage when it went from FM 106.3 to G Rock, about a decade before?
I think there was some grumbling, but no protests when they went from FM 106.3 to G106.3 (more Modern AC-Alt hybrid than pure Alt at first) in 2000. They didn't become a more pure-Alt until early 2005 when they started simulcasting on 98.5 and re-launched as "G-Rock Radio"

Back
Top Bottom