• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

106.9 audio

C

CW

Anyone notice that 106.9's audio sucks recently?? There is no midrange..and their stereo range has dropped (I get them in mono in most places...as the rcvr is blending)..Are they on their aux tower in Security? (1200ft)....
wonder if they are doing their IBOC build on the main 2000ft tower?? If so, something needs to be done with their audio period!!! ARGH!! I cannot listen to them......107.5 still sounds great...

and 103.7 still sounds smashed to me....no dynamic range at all...

Gues that sort of sounds like what XM sounds like isnt it on some of the channels? I hear a lot of the channels are like that.<P ID="signature">______________
jras20</P>

> Gues that sort of sounds like what XM sounds like isnt it on
> some of the channels? I hear a lot of the channels are like
> that.
>

Maybe Cox did it to match the format. ;)<P ID="signature">______________
"I Believe In The Power Of Love."
Luther Vandross 1951-2005</P>

> > Gues that sort of sounds like what XM sounds like isnt it
> on
> > some of the channels? I hear a lot of the channels are
> like
> > that.
> >
>
> Maybe Cox did it to match the format. ;)
>
Whatever it was, they were OK later on after I posted it....they must have switched back to the main site.....a BIG difference in audio....
but it sure sucked for a couple of days!

> > > Gues that sort of sounds like what XM sounds like isnt
> it
> > on
> > > some of the channels? I hear a lot of the channels are
> > like
> > > that.
> > >
> >
> > Maybe Cox did it to match the format. ;)
> >
> Whatever it was, they were OK later on after I posted
> it....they must have switched back to the main site.....a
> BIG difference in audio....
> but it sure sucked for a couple of days!
>
And I thought maybe they were copying the sound of 103.7! You are right, the sound quality on 103.7 still sucks and I wonder why no one from Cumulus has a clue or apparently cares.

> And I thought maybe they were copying the sound of 103.7!
> You are right, the sound quality on 103.7 still sucks and I
> wonder why no one from Cumulus has a clue or apparently
> cares.

Driving through BMT this morning, I noticed 1450 was on with no audio but had some hiss on the carrier (sounded like a noisy STL!)...called the main number and told the young lady who answered that 1450 had no audio...she thanked me and said she would pass it on....
A hour later, still no audio........which is in violation of Part 73

GEEESH!

> Driving through BMT this morning, I noticed 1450 was on with
> no audio but had some hiss on the carrier (sounded like a
> noisy STL!)...called the main number and told the young lady
> who answered that 1450 had no audio...she thanked me and
> said she would pass it on....
> A hour later, still no audio........which is in violation of
> Part 73
>
> GEEESH!
>

Prior to Cumulus purchasing it, the old 101.7 KLOI was automated or voice tracked at night. And sometimes it had dead air for extended periods of time as well. Radio is just plain sloppy these days. Things that staff would have been fired for years ago slip by now...uh, maybe that's because there's little or NO staff present.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom