• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

106.1 K-Breeze: A Foul Wind Blowin'

They were, but last I heard they had started on 102.1 HD3 to make it legal. I hope they aren't violating rules again when they should know how it's supposed to work now. They're a licensed broadcaster, and hopefully making money. It's a good idea to make money the ethical way. If that were my station I'd sure want to protect my station's license.

Technically Kbreeze is not the license holder so responsibility is not fully on them but they, along with license holder, should know the rules.

Technically Kbreeze is not the license holder so responsibility is not fully on them but they, along with license holder, should know the rules.

According to the CDBS the FCC granted the app to transfer control of this station to RAFTT from the church in Dallas....

Yeah, FCC. Good job throwing it away. Just like KQQB and the 91.3 translator. LOL they didn't have to grant RAFTT's buying the signals, especially now they know what's going on.

They were, but last I heard they had started on 102.1 HD3 to make it legal. I hope they aren't violating rules again when they should know how it's supposed to work now.

Violating rules "again when they know how it's supposed to work now?" Do they have a track record of rule violations? I really think you're under the illusion that they're inexperienced, naive, and are making a lot of mistakes along the way. I feel quite the contrary, that they know exactly what they're doing and intend to continue along this course until the Commission tells them to stop, which at this point doesn't seem likely.

A translator is a translator. If a translator is being used in a manner inconsistent with the rules governing such, they are in violation.

Yeah, FCC. Good job throwing it away. Just like KQQB and the 91.3 translator.

Didn't Rice have a translator? I think it went to UH with the sale of the primary license, but does anyone know whether or not it was ever exploited?

You mean the church that isn't really a church, Joe?

It may be a legitimate church. I haven't been to "slinking and lurking" in Dallas to check. I just know that when I googled the address on one of their apps the place I saw on the street view looked like a no-tell motel.

I really think you're under the illusion that they're inexperienced, naive, and are making a lot of mistakes along the way. I feel quite the contrary, that they know exactly what they're doing and intend to continue along this course until the Commission tells them to stop, which at this point doesn't seem likely.

With RAFTT, I suspect they know what they're doing. But I thought they got the 102.1 HD3 signal up and running to make it legal since Joe and others exposed them on here and with the FCC... I don't think they want any more attention for their legal activities, so I figured they'd keep that HD3 cover up going. If they shut it off though, it seems they don't care about the attention they might get from now on... Either that or they went broke and can't afford to lease it out anymore. I still don't know if they shut off the HD signal (which originates programming for the translator), so I could be writing on here for nothing. This whole story is really getting old.

I have no knowledge of this situation. A few broadcasters consider getting caught is just the cost of doing business. They might make 10, 20 times or more money than they might pay in a fine when caught. It's kind of like the person that drives 15 miles an hour over the speed limit everywhere. They can do it hundreds if not a few thousand times before they get nailed for speeding.

Didn't Rice have a translator? I think it went to UH with the sale of the primary license, but does anyone know whether or not it was ever exploited?

The old 91.5 translator for KTRU was sold to UH as part of the 91.7 deal. The transmitter was moved to the corner of Main and Holcombe, and the frequency was changed to 91.3. It is on the air, but appears to be running far less than the authorized 99 watts. The audio quality is quite poor, with low levels and tinny sound. Although listed as a KUHA translator, it appears it is really a translator for KUHF HD2, as its audio runs eight to ten seconds behind KUHA, the result of the IBOC buffering characteristics of the HD signal.

I just checked and 102.1 HD3 is still on. Fort Bend County sports talk show.

Yes, but it comes and goes. And when the HD is off the translator remains on. Werlinger investors weren't happy when they had to build out the link to KMJQ and the HD 3 facilities, plus about 2.5 K a month to lease the subchannel, just so they can put original programming on 106. Financially it doesn't make sense for the weak signal they now have from Rosenberg. However, once they get on the tower in Missouri City its a different story. They will have foreigners lining up with $$$ to put programming on the air.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom