• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I would guess that the Program Director/Music Director and Sales Executive are the only employees at the station...

I don't recall hearing any DJs on the station when I was in Vegas two weeks ago.

The station may or may not still be operated by Radio Renegade Ed Stoltz. Legally, he lost control of the station back July for alleged non-payment of royalties to ASCAP and others. He was court ordered to turn the station (and two others) over to Patrick Communications in September and again in October. Said transfer may or may not have happened by now.

The station may or may not still be operated by Radio Renegade Ed Stoltz. Legally, he lost control of the station back July for alleged non-payment of royalties to ASCAP and others. He was court ordered to turn the station (and two others) over to Patrick Communications in September and again in October. Said transfer may or may not have happened by now.

Once the court renders a decision and generates a penalty, the charges are proven, and no longer "alleged".

Seems I read the transfer happened after a judge ordered him to jail for refusing to hand the keys over to Patrick. I’m thinking he handed over the keys either the day he was supposed to turn himself in or the day before.

Seems I read the transfer happened after a judge ordered him to jail for refusing to hand the keys over to Patrick. I’m thinking he handed over the keys either the day he was supposed to turn himself in or the day before.
Is Patrick Communications

Is Patrick Communications looking to sell?
continue the station, as is, or brand with their current imaging ?
I always think of Patrick and SpongeBob
... and used to a shady as hell engineer,
Pat.... lol.

Is Patrick Communications looking to sell?
continue the station, as is, or brand with their current imaging ?

Patrick is a broker. He plans to sell the station. He has already told the courts that he has found a willing buyer, though the identity of that buyer has not been divulged.

Sadly, has been sold to religious broadcaster VCY AMERICA, INC. - Trio Of Former Ed Stolz Stations Sold To VCY America

These bible thumping acquisitions are assuredly leading to the end of terrestrial radio as a mass communication platform. I find myself very much disinclined to listen to broadcast radio anymore, simply because there is nothing compelling left on air. SiriusXM has better content, and online streaming (global stations like Radio Caroline - radiocaroline.co.uk, and domestic ones like KNXFM93.com) are far superior.

I hated to see that announcement this morning, too. I don’t necessarily agree that them acquiring more stations is leading to the death of radio, but I can’t imagine any of those stations will ever even be so much as an afterthought ever again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom