• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

103.9 Dayton Stunting

Reported today "Just three weeks after launching Country "103.9 The Bull" WZDA Beavercreek/Dayton OH, the station is taking on a new name. WZDA has rebranded as "New Country 103.9". All other elements of the station remain in place. WZDA had flipped to Country as "103.9 The Bull" on December 27 after stunting as "Christmas 103.9…..."

I feel like these folks may had something to do with this: 4th Anniversary of 106.9 The Bull and 5th Anniversary of 107.3 The Drive | Peak of Ohio

106.9 in Urbana, OH (a translator) ID's as 106.9 The Bull. - 103.9 does reach that area.

Reported today "Just three weeks after launching Country "103.9 The Bull" WZDA Beavercreek/Dayton OH, the station is taking on a new name. WZDA has rebranded as "New Country 103.9". All other elements of the station remain in place. WZDA had flipped to Country as "103.9 The Bull" on December 27 after stunting as "Christmas 103.9…..."

I feel like these folks may had something to do with this: 4th Anniversary of 106.9 The Bull and 5th Anniversary of 107.3 The Drive | Peak of Ohio

106.9 in Urbana, OH (a translator) ID's as 106.9 The Bull. - 103.9 does reach that area.
I thought iHeart owned "The Bull" brand nationally.

I thought iHeart owned "The Bull" brand nationally.
There are very few brands that iHeart or any group own the full trademarks to nationally. In most cases companies have statewide servicemarks. In the case of "The Bull", there are already multiple companies using it in Ohio including V-Teck in Bellefontaine, iHeart in a few markets, and Media One in Ashtabula.

As @xmusicmatt stated above, 1390 WBLL Bellefontaine and its 106.9 translator in Urbana are in the Dayton DMA and that likely is the cause of this, although that is unconfirmed speculation only right now.

As @xmusicmatt stated above, 1390 WBLL Bellefontaine and its 106.9 translator in Urbana are in the Dayton DMA and that likely is the cause of this, although that is unconfirmed speculation only right now.

Fair enough - I almost forgot about 106.9 at first but then remembered in my many warmer weather travels to Dayton, OH I sometimes "listen" to that station and then was like "maybe that's why?"

Sounds like the folks at iHM really know what they're doing! LOL
Well the funny thing is today I was driving around and while going through my presets in the car I came across 103.9 just as the host was going to commercials she started saying the artists that were coming up and followed it up with 103.9 The Bull. Also the info in the car still said 103.9 The Bull. So did they rebrand or not?

Well the funny thing is today I was driving around and while going through my presets in the car I came across 103.9 just as the host was going to commercials she started saying the artists that were coming up and followed it up with 103.9 The Bull. Also the info in the car still said 103.9 The Bull. So did they rebrand or not?
Wonder if its possible iHeart dropped some greens on that Bellefontaine station for the branding.

I streamed them for a little while and the imaging is "New Country 103-9". I believe the local branding tag from the national trackers for iheart is loaded into the automation. It's more than likely that is what hasn't been updated. Gotta love their attention to detail

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom