• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

103.7 surfing

http://1037ksurf.com/

The domain is "alive" and points to CBSRadioSD.com ... however the graphic is <i>missing</i>.

Keep us Posted Chris.

We're getting ready have our own radio addtion down here (Hi Jack!).
In the meantime, is it too early to talk about "who" we would hire if we were putting together a Classic Hits (oldies) station?

Here's my list:
Mornings: Anyone formerly at KBEST in the Morns, or maybe Jojo Kincaid.
Middays: Dale Olau
Afternoon: Gene Knight Or Rich Bros Robbin
Evenings: Shotgun Tom
Overnights: Phil Gon

Anywone else?

A how about Rich Brother Robin or better yet he should be PD.

sockmonkey99 said:
how about jm mcinnes??

The first thing I thought of was Jim McInnes in the AM and JoJo Kincaid in the PM, or vice versa.

Charlie Quinn, the apparent genius behind Sophie and much of the lack of success at 103.7 for many years, has already fired those two in the past (and, I should disclose, also fired me because I rather openly thought he had not a clue).

Luckily he hasn't screwed up KYXY, which keeps doing well no matter who's got the PD or OM title in the CBS San Diego building. However, because KYXY does so well, whomever gets the jobs eventually gets painted as a brilliant programmer even though they had nothing to do with creating the KYXY format and did not hire a majority of the talent (well except maybe for an evening person and some weekenders). Quinn is not only CBS san Diego Operations Manager, but also the "Vice President, Adult Contemporary Format, CBS RADIO" according to a CBS press release posted at sdradio.net, apparently his reward for the brilliant performance of KYXY and his inspired leadership of 103.7. The Planet was poorly managed and programmed, no matter who had the PD/OM title, but everything they've tried since has had even lower ratings (well except Stern).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom