• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

103.5 KNTY

That's the name they're using so they're moving the call letters. A lot of imaging saying "real country" so sounds older than KNCI.

Real Country indeed! Refreshing. But I'm fan of classic country 40s through 80s. I listened on the i heart app and the simple radio app and it sounds better on the simple radio app. Now the question is will they have a local morning, mid-day, drive time show? If you like real country this should satisfy you lots of steel guitars are here.

Real Country indeed! Refreshing. But I'm fan of classic country 40s through 80s. I listened on the i heart app and the simple radio app and it sounds better on the simple radio app. Now the question is will they have a local morning, mid-day, drive time show? If you like real country this should satisfy you lots of steel guitars are here.

Classic country THAT old SOUNDS old. Its like adult standards..... its not very sellable to advertisers. As a country radio dj, i have gotten requests over the years for the 50s 60s and 70s.. and i played them when i worked at a station doing pm drive 3 to 8, with the last 2 hours being a classic country segment where i had a very wide birth to play what i and the listeners wanted.... BUT..... but in the last few years, while ive seen a resurgence for interest in classic country music, its been what i call REAL country... country music thats just after the real twangy sounding period but before the pop country sound took over in the late 90s.

I listened a bit this morning. Heard Merle Haggard, George Strait and Keith Urban. Some ‘00s thrown in to keep from sounding too classic.
Definitely a more laid-back presentation compared to KNCI, which is appropriate. Still think this makes more sense on 101.9.

I listened a bit this morning. Heard Merle Haggard, George Strait and Keith Urban. Some ‘00s thrown in to keep from sounding too classic.
Definitely a more laid-back presentation compared to KNCI, which is appropriate. Still think this makes more sense on 101.9.

It'll be interesting to see if they add any local talent. I foresee.. maybe .. maybe morning drive. I highly doubt PM drive, and if they do add PM's, it wont be live.. someone elsewhere in the cluster will do that

Clearly, Entravision isnt that great at english radio.. they dont even have a website or facebook page for this station yet.. thats a must these days when you launch. This will be nothing more then a computer in a closet. And because it has little competition and people are sick of the hot country from KNCI, itll do ok $$ wise

I don’t think their business model is set up to do English language formats. In most cases, their Spanish language programming comes out of Santa Monica. In fact, I heard several years ago that the local station doesn’t even produce their own commercials. They just send the copy and it’s produced in Santa Monica and uploaded to the system.

Entravision really should've gone with shouldve gone with Local Radio Networks voicetracked/on hard drive system, not the WW1 satellite feed

I don’t think their business model is set up to do English language formats. In most cases, their Spanish language programming comes out of Santa Monica. In fact, I heard several years ago that the local station doesn’t even produce their own commercials. They just send the copy and it’s produced in Santa Monica and uploaded to the system.
That's why they are using a syndicated format for the country operation.

That completely explains it, David.

However, up until a few years ago they had two locally staffed English language stations in the Sacramento market and up until a decade ago, they both had their own PD which I found odd.

To this day, they keep their La Tricolor and Suavacita programs on rimshots.

hence why they shouldve gone with LRN, its a much better plug, play and leave alone system if thats your operating model

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom