• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRCA 1330 going off the air temporarily

It will most definitely not be leased ethnic, since all of the programmers have been ousted. CCM, Urban AC and Spanish Tropical (on FM) are all missing from the market, but nothing has leaked as to what Beasley's plan is.

Jockless True Oldies, Mike, ESPN Desportes. BTW, the other radio board said that they will be off the air for at least 30 days so they can move in with the other stations at former Greater Media studios, and get their new Fm 106.1 transmitter in place at top of Pru.

Jockless True Oldies, Mike, ESPN Desportes. BTW, the other radio board said that they will be off the air for at least 30 days so they can move in with the other stations at former Greater Media studios, and get their new Fm 106.1 transmitter in place at top of Pru.

Correction: Hancock tower

30 days plus?

to do what?

The translator has nothing to do with the AM operation, the Waltham studios are garbage, and rumor has it there is an extra studio over on Morrisey Blvd just waiting for them....

The only good reason for them to be off for 30 days is that the tower site or transmitter /antenna is complete garbage and is in need of major work.

I thought they were over with WUNR and another AM 1200 on that relatively new ( 10 years?) site in Newton IIRC.

Grady Moates was the WRCA CE at the time.... Grady does not build junk, a 10 year old Grady install, even of that complexity should last for 100 years.

Something else is going on, it makes no sense to take it down for 30 days for something that could be done in 30 seconds

Something else is going on, it makes no sense to take it down for 30 days for something that could be done in 30 seconds

Could the lease be up at the existing 1330 studios? Shutting down on the 15th of the month gives a nice window to move the good stuff (of which it doesn't sound like there's much) over to Morrissey Blvd.

But agreed. Surprised they're not just simulcasting one of the Beasley FMs for a few weeks while they sort out the future.

The other board which we're not allowed to link to on here is reporting WRCA 1330 is going off the air temporarily as they prepare to move 1330's studios to the building with the other Beasley stations they just acquired from Greater Boston Media and get ready to build their FM translator at 106.1FM.

It's fine to mention the other board here .... Radio Insight.
For obvious reasons, providing links to their site is discouraged.

Frank

Theyʼre Gone!

Tue 16 Nov @ 11:59pm–
  • (Some Ad) ->
  • Simple, quick TOH ID (by Danny Stiles) ->
  • Instrumental National Anthem ->
  • 15-30 sec. dead air ->
  • (Poof!) Gone!
No sign-off announcement, whatsoever!

Last edited:
I'm faintly getting WEBO from Oswego NY serving Binghampton area fighting with a music station even more faint which I can't identify.

30 days plus?

The translator has nothing to do with the AM operation, the Waltham studios are garbage, and rumor has it there is an extra studio over on Morrisey Blvd just waiting for them....

WRCA vacated the Waltham studios years ago. Studios moved to Cambridge in 1990, first to briefly to Kendall Square, then 552 Mass. Ave near Central Square since then.

The only good reason for them to be off for 30 days is that the tower site or transmitter /antenna is complete garbage and is in need of major work.

I thought they were over with WUNR and another AM 1200 on that relatively new ( 10 years?) site in Newton IIRC.

Grady Moates was the WRCA CE at the time.... Grady does not build junk, a 10 year old Grady install, even of that complexity should last for 100 years.

It is transmitting from the Newton (Oak Hill) site with WUNR and WXKS (AM). Sounds like a blank carrier broadcasting on 1330 now.

It is transmitting from the Newton (Oak Hill) site with WUNR and WXKS (AM). Sounds like a blank carrier broadcasting on 1330 now.
Yeah, I noted a deceased carrier at about 9:15, too.
Now, at 11:15, it appears gone.

I'm faintly getting WEBO from Oswego NY serving Binghampton area fighting with a music station even more faint which I can't identify.

WEBO is in Owego, NY (not Oswego, or, for that matter, Otego or Otsego), and Binghamton is not one of the Hamptons.

Wouldn't it be worthwhile to feed something to the AM transmitter, at least part of the day - a repeating loop to possibly build suspense, audio from another Beasley station, maybe a Beasley station that is all-Christmas.....

Wouldn't it be worthwhile to feed something to the AM transmitter, at least part of the day - a repeating loop to possibly build suspense, audio from another Beasley station, maybe a Beasley station that is all-Christmas.....

That was my first thought, but maybe a STA gets them out of a few things like a functioning EAS , having the main studio manned with a significant presence, etc.

They could have fed the transmitter from Dorchester with a damn 5K loop line off a PC...

So Beasley will re emerge on 1330 with a translator on 106.1.Their other stations are 106.7, 105.7, 102.5, 96.9 and 92.9. Doubt there would be a format change on first 3 but wonder if they'd flip one of the other 2? Or are they happy to let them be..and what will 1330/106.1 be running anyway?

So Beasley will re emerge on 1330 with a translator on 106.1.Their other stations are 106.7, 105.7, 102.5, 96.9 and 92.9. Doubt there would be a format change on first 3 but wonder if they'd flip one of the other 2? Or are they happy to let them be..and what will 1330/106.1 be running anyway?

I would guess jockless true oldies. Are they allowed to own six stations in one market?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom